• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Shabazz18

I just came across what I'm pretty sure is a legit 20th Anniversary MM Silhouette for 80 bucks at a pawn shop! Sadly the case is missing, and it needs work, but I think somebody dropped the ball when pricing it! Just hit the floor today. Dirty, a little surface rust, few scuffs on the back, and warped neck (currently) but I think I got a slammin' deal!!! What say you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dibart77

EIGHTY DOLLARS?!? HOLY MOLY, that's the score of the century. I'll offer you $240 for it. Come on: Triple your money in one day! How can you pass that up?!?

Kidding.

Really awesome score. Congrats!

tbonesullivan

Is it warped, or just back bowed? Best way to picture a warped neck is from the headstock down towards the bridge.

dave1812

No Way ! :eek:
The Neck doesn't look warped to me. I'd just take it all apart and give it a thorough cleaning and polishing.
If they sold it for 80 Bucks, i wonder how much the poor guy that sold it to the shop got.

RSG

*holding a ruler up to the monitor* It doesn't look too bad. As long as the truss rod is functional...

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
No Way ! :eek:
The Neck doesn't look warped to me. I'd just take it all apart and give it a thorough cleaning and polishing.
If they sold it for 80 Bucks, i wonder how much the poor guy that sold it to the shop got.

$30 or $40?

Either stolen or someone really hit some very bad luck in a very big hurry. :(

If the neck is just back bowed and not actually twisted, it can be fixed by a good luthier. If it's sent back to music man they may even replace it (you would pay for the new one of course but...).

Shabazz18

Wow man congrats on that steal!!!! Where did you score it??

Glenn |B)
A Cash America pawn shop in Arlington TX. I've gotten good deals there before, and they tend to have some pretty good stuff, but it's usually priced accordingly.

GWDavis28

A Cash America pawn shop in Arlington TX. I've gotten good deals there before, and they tend to have some pretty good stuff, but it's usually priced accordingly.

Nice!! There aren't too many pawn shops up here in Mass.

Glenn |B)

beej

That is insane! What a deal!

If you have problems with the neck, I'd probably have it sent back to MM for some TLC ... get 'er fixed up like new.

spychocyco

Congrats. Man, I can never score anything like that. The pawn shops here are mainly full of Squiers that they want retail price for.

Shabazz18

Congrats. Man, I can never score anything like that. The pawn shops here are mainly full of Squiers that they want retail price for.
This was hanging right next to those squires and cheap RGs

Top Bottom