• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PaleBlueDot

I have been looking everywhere for information about the JP 6 in Eldorado gold and I have found absolutely nothing about it. The reason I am asking about it is because I have found one in that finish at a local guitar shop for $1800. So if anyone has anything about this finish please let me know.

PaleBlueDot

I would like to know if the finish brought the value of the guitar down. I have seen them go for $900 to $2700 dollars, and there are very few of them.

GWDavis28

I would like to know if the finish brought the value of the guitar down. I have seen them go for $900 to $2700 dollars, and there are very few of them.

I don't think so. It's a color that they've offered, I don't remember it being wildly popular. But I think you'll find Jp's priced like that and I don't think it's really based on color. I mean there are some colors that will go for more, Dargie 1's, some of the original sparkle finishes and of course the BFR runs. I think that the wide range of prices might be due to a few different factors. Condition, the sellers need for cash or the seller thinking they have something that is worth more than the average person would be willing to pay.

The just recently had a run of Albert Lee HH's in El Dorado Gold and I've seen this color used a few times here and there on JP's as well. It's not a bad color. Do you like it? Are you looking to get one in this color?

Glenn |B)

PaleBlueDot

I am totally into this color, i'm probably gonna pick this up when my funds build back up. Thanks for the help!

xjbebop

I'm pretty sure the AL's in that finish were from some years ago as a Guitar Center exclusive...
But I might be wrong about that.

GWDavis28

I am totally into this color, i'm probably gonna pick this up when my funds build back up. Thanks for the help!

Nice man, well good luck, hope you find a really good deal. I've got a gold sparkle Silo Special that just really cool.

Gold%2BSparkle.JPG

I'm pretty sure the AL's in that finish were from some years ago as a Guitar Center exclusive...
But I might be wrong about that.

You could be right there my friend.

Glenn |B)

spychocyco

I've seen a couple in El Dorado Gold on Reverb in the last year or so at varying prices. I almost bought one that was under a grand last spring, but it was so cheap because it had a pretty big, ugly scrape in the finish. I eventually decided that would bother me forever.

I think $1,800 is on the upper end for a used JP6 that's not a BFR or some other sort of limited edition. Is it a loaded model (piezo, shield inlays)? Those go for a little more. I'd try to negotiate them down some, but if it's the one for you, then it's the one for you. They're not making anymore of them, at least at this point. :)

Razzle

I had an El Dorado Gold (one of the most common golds) and then recently sold it for a Medallion Gold (hard to find). The El Dorado's definately went for less, I've seen 'em as low as 1100 but typ are around 1500, whereas the Medallions go for a little more (200-300) but are just hard to find.

EBMM makes several other golds like the gold sparkles, which I see around very rarely, and they're all really nice.

Just FYI... here's an easy comparison of the El Dorado Gold vs the Medallion Gold:

YQiB2Bq.jpg

qnIWyHU.jpg

Top Bottom