• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jburns5228

I have a StingRay 4 HH. It was completed on July 30th, 2009. The color is Black Cherry Burst with the SLO Special Maple neck and Ebony fretboard. This was a Guitar Center exclusive.

It has the serial number (E72116), Music Man marking and "Custom Made" all etched into the neck plate.

Can anyone tell me what "custom made" means? What could be "custom" about it?

Rock on!

Last edited:

jburns5228

WOW! That was fast. Thanks for the info, Bert. That is the neck plate that I have. The guitar is beautiful, particularly the fretboard.

I love this forum!

is there anywhere to get a replacement neck plate for a Sterling Ray34 ? with the logo on it? of course the serial number will be missing,, let me know if anyone found a new resource for these . thanks

MaxKlein40

is there anywhere to get a replacement neck plate for a Sterling Ray34 ? with the logo on it? of course the serial number will be missing,, let me know if anyone found a new resource for these . thanks

Nope. I found a few knock off ones from ebay or china with an ernie ball logo but they're definitely not legit. I was looking for a gold one when I came across them. I'll look and post a link if I find them

EDIT:

Heres the link. Its from ali express, definitely Chinese and definitely trademark infringement. I wouldn't support it. Mainly posting it here to bring it to the attention of EBMM

6 Bolt Chrome Bass Neck Plate-in Guitar Parts & Accessories from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:

Tollywood

I'm curious about what's wrong with the factory neckplate that came on your Ray34?

DBHRPH

Custom made on my neck plate also

Hello to forum! This is my first post to any forum of any kind so I am truly a newbie. I recently purchased a pre owned JP BFR6 KOA top. My serial num is G49404. I don’t notice anything on the guitar that would make mine custom made. Any ideas? Dave

Top Bottom