• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spychocyco

I've had mine for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. It's my third Axis and quickly moved into the slot as my No. 2 guitar, (nothing will replace my original Axis due to both sentimental and playability reasons). They are limited runs, so they'll cost a little more money-wise than the standard Axis, but there are also more configurations and features available in the BFR line than the standard, depending on which run you're looking at.

45full.jpg 45neck.jpg

The two primary differences between the standard Axis and EVH are that the Axis fretboard is ever-so-slightly wider and the switch is back by the volume knob rather than toward the front horn. And, of course, you can pick up a brand new Axis for usually a good bit less than you're going to pay for an EVH. :D

Dino.

I had an EVH but sold it and have regretted it ever since. They feel, play, and sound awesome. And I really dig the history of the instrument. I just have to be patient until the “right” one comes along. Not an easy task when I see guitars like the Axis BFR Butterscotch. I love the ebony fretboard with the block inlays. And the color is really starting to grow on me.
It’s really hard to resist.

GWDavis28

I had an EVH but sold it and have regretted it ever since. They feel, play, and sound awesome. And I really dig the history of the instrument. I just have to be patient until the “right” one comes along. Not an easy task when I see guitars like the Axis BFR Butterscotch. I love the ebony fretboard with the block inlays. And the color is really starting to grow on me.
It’s really hard to resist.

Then don't resist my friend, touch it, hold it, it can be yours if you desire.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, it's called financing if it's possible, other wise watch the for sale thread and Reverb.

Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

I sold my green EVH and funded three other guitars, so no regrets here. Love my Axis and all my other EB's.

Tollywood

I had a black quilt EVH. The neck was so smooth from years of playing. I loved it.

That being said, the BFRs are far superior to the EVH. Roasted necks feel that way right out of the box. Same legendary pickups. But better woods and hardware choices. Roasted necks, crazy tops and unusual wood choices were not available on an EVH.

He really should have stuck around because things have gotten better and better since then. I bet he secretly regrets it. Hahahaha.

Top Bottom