• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Hmm....listing ended. Paging Dibart...paging Dibart....Jeff - did you snag this one??? :) Looks like a great one. Interesting to see if that would have been a legit one-off with the routed trem.

Tollywood

I’ve never heard of one that wasn’t decked. Edward’s guitars are decked. I’d say it’s a modification.

Wahoonc

Artist model? I would definitely have needed a serial number to verify.

Especially with the EVH and that route. I've only been in the brotherhood for about six years, so relatively new compared to most of you guys, but I've never heard of EBMM doing a custom rout for floating trem.

Wonder if seller was sold a bill of goods way back when or if he modified and is trying to pass it off as original for sticker price? Definitely would have asked for serial before purchasing.

dibart77

No, I didn't buy it. I'll share my 2c that I shared over on the Facebook group:

No, they didn't offer floating Floyd on EVH. Only guitars that ever had floating Floyd were the Silhouette, the Steve Morse (optional), and the Luke 1 (and a one-of-one JP13 prototype that I have). This COULD be a one-off for an artist, but whenever EBMM did a floating Floyd, the route was the same color as the body, not black. That tells me this is an aftermarket route. FWIW, it looks like a good job, but it DESTROYS the value of the EVH, especially since Edward NEVER liked/used a floating Floyd.

Having said that, someone else said that Jerry Cantrell had an EVH floating route gold top and the route was black. And he had a blue floating that was blue. So... what do I know? LOL.

I thought it was a clone, but someone else said it might be a faded red? I am not aware of reds fading. My red is like new color.

Jdavis1624

Hello, Looking for the year of production for an Axis Super Sport serial # G68735. Thank you

W

W.Suitor

I think it was a neck swap too. Pink EVH’s had black EBMM decals I believe? This one had silver decals. I reckon it’s a red neck on a pink body.

Mick

Wrong in so many ways....pics are photoshopped - look at the horrible colour correction of the case pic! Red neck (nice word) on a pink body (holy cow, this sentence is weird). value drop fankenstein.

tbonesullivan

Did anyone ask the seller for the serial number? I can see it in the pictures, but I can't make it out. That would probably answer a lot of questions.

Dino.

Did anyone ask the seller for the serial number? I can see it in the pictures, but I can't make it out. That would probably answer a lot of questions.

I wrote it off as an owner modified, red EVH when I first saw it, so I never asked for the serial number.
I posted the question on the Facebook page to see what others thought. I just found it unusual (at least I thought) that someone would be so bold as to make these claims knowing that a lot of the folks who look for these guitars really know their stuff. My guess is that the seller was called out on it and removed the listing. I could be wrong. Looking back, I really wish I would have asked for the serial number.

crywolf71

I have posted screenshots of the website of the origional owner on facebook. The page it self is offline now. He says it was one off the 3 first Evh that were shipped to England. He had it routed later. The only pink evh that had silver decals i know off is Eddie personal guitar called Pinky.
I also have seen pictures of red evh that looked pink (isch). Like this one MusicMan EVH originale de 1993 d’occasion

Top Bottom