• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

loocnmad

It's been a while since I've played vintage output pickups. I'm a little surprised by just how much volume difference there is. Even my Amer std Tele has a lot more volume. On channel switching amps the dirty channel isn't too bad but it basically disappears on the clean side.

I can use use a clean boost but I'd prefer something not using any pedals if necessary. Going to play with pickup height this weekend to see how that works. Any suggestions/advice/anecdotes from Cutlass folks?

Other guitars are Valentine Signature and Axis Super Sport.

Astrofreq

Pickup heights for sure. I did that as soon as I bought my Cutlass and it really pumped it up. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

mikeller

I like the pickups to touch the strings as it gives me that sitar sound! :). lol

Perfect then!!!! Do you remember those Electric Sitars made in the 60's? Basically a guitar with what looked like a brake pad under the strings to vibrate on...

I thought I had both my Cutlass (see sig) set up about the same, but the RS HSS sounds tinty for lack of better word, compared to my SSS. I need to take a closer look at the adjustments on the RS

Last edited:

Wahoonc

TC Spark. Recommended here by Dr. Kev, I think, when I had the same question with my Silhouette a few years ago. Great solution.

Top Bottom