• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tamarindo

My wife just gave me a fantastic 20th wedding anniversary present: a Music Man Luke III (LIII) BFR in Black Burl. This new guitar joins its predecessor, a standard LIII in gloss black (which up 'til now was the finest guitar I've played).

I literally just played the BFR for the first time, and... wow! There really IS a difference in response between the standard LIII and LIII BFR. I'm just an intermediate player at best, but I immediately noticed the increased sustain. Again, no expert - but I'm betting that's due to the mahogany tone block in the body. Also, I think the tone is somewhat better-defined...crisper, without being shrill or tinny.

The point of all this is to encourage anyone who's been thinking about an LIII BFR to go get one. You will not be disappointed!

Fro

I’m going to have to see a pic of that Burl.

dibart77

Wow, Tamarindo!

First off: Welcome to the Forum and to this obsession that is EBMM! If you weren't addicted with your first LIII, you are now, right?!?

Second: We have a rule around here... Pictures or it doesn't exist. SHOW US YOUR NEW BABY!

Third: You said your wife bought you a Black Burl Luke III BFR as a gift. I can see why she's still around 20 years later. Awesome wife. You're a lucky guy!

Tamarindo

Okay, I'm REALLY showing my newb status here, but I can't figure out how to post a picture. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

GWDavis28

Okay, I'm REALLY showing my newb status here, but I can't figure out how to post a picture. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

Hahahaha, there are a couple of way's, use the forum tool, but I believe you have to have a few posts before you can do that. Or you can do like me and host on sites lime IMBB or a few of the others, don't use Photobucket these days, it's terrible. If your hosting your pics somewhere else and want to post them, use the "Go Advanced"
button, the interface is very easy to use. If you get stuck, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom