• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

grantgochnauer

I mean they have been on sale for 5 days now right ;) I've seen a couple of reviews on YouTube so far and am eager to hear everyone's opinion/review.

I'm currently contemplating the Blue Honu one to replace my 1996 Parker Fly Deluxe (prerefined).
-Grant

PeteDuBaldo

Hi Grant, welcome aboard! The Blue Honu is very impressive in person, nice choice for a color! The first 2019 Majesty we have had come through is a Dark Roast, and it's awesome - I'm very tempted to keep it even though I'm a big fan of blue guitars. We've got a Tiger Eye arriving for inventory next Friday, with a Stealth shortly behind, and then more of the new stuff after those arrive.

While I don't have any of the recent Monarchy series here to compare it to, I do have an Artisan and my BFR gold sparkle. If the Dark Roast hasn't sold by next week I'll try and do a quick comparison video.

John-Petrucci-Majesty-Dark-Roast-M11125-4.jpg

John-Petrucci-Majesty-Dark-Roast-M11125-6.jpg

acwild

Wow, that’s gorgeous! I had a hard time deciding on a color and ended up ordering the Enchanted Forest. It’s supposed to arrive next week.

Jesse.Daly

I pulled the trigger on a 7 string Enchanted Forest from Sweetwater. Probably be at least a week or 2 they said, frankly I was surprised it would be anywhere near that quick. This will be my first EBMM instrument, although I have logged a good number of hours on stingray bass guitars over the years, I have never actually owned one. I am very excited!

acwild

EFMajesty.jpg

I’m glad I got this finish. It’s amazing! The guitar itself is an absolute joy to play and hear. I bonded with it for immediately. Ok, back to playing some more...

Last edited:

acwild

Thanks Pete! I just wish I had your photography skills...
This is by far my favorite JP! On the bass notes, it sounds like my other JPs, but on the high notes, it's a bit sweeter and I don't have to trim off a bit of treble. Clean, dirty, it just sings. I didn't think that I'd be able to hear the pickup tweaks but I do.
The body is so comfortable and light yet is sustains and has that woody sound that I love.
EBMM, JP... Thanks for designing and making this guitar! Ok, enough gushing, back to more playing...

acwild

Thanks Johnny! I'm so impressed with the Majesty overall that I'm seriously considering selling a few guitars to fund a Tiger Eye.

johnnyboogie

Thanks Johnny! I'm so impressed with the Majesty overall that I'm seriously considering selling a few guitars to fund a Tiger Eye.

Sounds like a plan!! As long as you don't regret selling the guitars. You could also go for a payment plan maybe? And retain the guitars.

acwild

I rarely regret selling guitars, as long as I'm moving up and forward and adapting to my ever-changing tastes. :) I l see from your list that you have one on the way. Cheers!

johnnyboogie

I rarely regret selling guitars, as long as I'm moving up and forward and adapting to my ever-changing tastes. :) I l see from your list that you have one on the way. Cheers!

Go for it then, it's bound to be one of the most impressive looks on a Majesty so far =D

dnemicas

Jesse.Daly - when did you order yours?
I ordered my Enchanted Forest on April 4th, but nothing yet.

katsumura78

Enchanted Forest and Kinetic Blue look the best to me. Goodness that’s a hard choice especially since I love basswood body guitars.

Top Bottom