• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

spychocyco

Considering I just bought a BFR that I haven't quite paid off yet, I really shouldn't have, but it's not often you get a second chance. I really wanted this one when it was for sale on the forums a couple of years ago, but I just couldn't afford it at the time. When I saw it pop up again earlier this week, I agonized over it, but I knew I'd kick myself if I let it go again. So it should be here sometime next week. Now to figure out how I'm going to pay for it. :D

tealaxis.jpg

spychocyco

Yep. It's a NAMM one-off from a few years back. Teal burst with a roasted maple neck.

JasonT

I can see why you didn't let it get away again. Nice score!

spychocyco

So after a slight debacle with UPS, it arrived yesterday. It needed a little work with the Wonder Wipes and a new set of strings out of the box. Took a few photos while I was handling that. It will need a setup. The previous owner had heavier strings on it, and when I put mine on, it didn't work out so well. :D

The semi-hollow sound is going to take some getting used to. Much deeper in the bass end and a bit louder, but I've got some uses for it.

This is the first Axis I've ever seen with a badged and fitted case. Is that just a semi-hollow thing?

greenbody.jpg greenneckback.jpg greenneckfront.jpg greencase.jpg

beej

Again, that is just so gorgeous. Hope I'm fortunate enough to find something like that one day.

On the cases- I have a few with badges (25th, Luke, Sterling). Not sure when that started happening.

Top Bottom