• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Dcareaga

So Cool,
I used to post here quite a bit! I used to own 2 Luke 1's and one Luke 2.
I had to sell the Luke 1's for emergency money and I gave my brother my Luke 2 as a thank you gift.
Long story short; he got me started playing guitar and more importantly addicted to Lukathers guitar playing!

So, its been a while... Today I received a Luke 1 Pearl Red Reissue, my favorite EBMM guitar.
IMG-0441.jpg

IMG-0442.jpg

Glad to be back!!

-dc

Last edited:

Tonetrade

Wow, I have an original Luke 1 from the early 90s and yours look absolutely identical...plus the frets look as good as new. Is the neck birdseye finished?

Dcareaga

Wow, I have an original Luke 1 from the early 90s and yours look absolutely identical...plus the frets look as good as new. Is the neck birdseye finished?

It seems to basically be brand new! The neck is has the same oil finish as the original Luke 1's.

Dcareaga

Great looking guitar! I bet it plays amazing!

Thanks! It plays great though the bar on the floyd sits a bit higher, very high really, than the original Luke 1 did.
I am hoping to find a bar that sits lower...
Other than that I couldn't be happier with it.

PeteDuBaldo

Thanks! It plays great though the bar on the floyd sits a bit higher, very high really, than the original Luke 1 did.
I am hoping to find a bar that sits lower...
Other than that I couldn't be happier with it.

Welcome back!

By sitting higher do you mean where it comes out of the tremolo itself, or the height of the tip of the bar compared to the body? I've seen a few bars clamped in a bench vise and bent to different angles before.

Dcareaga

Welcome back!

By sitting higher do you mean where it comes out of the tremolo itself, or the height of the tip of the bar compared to the body? I've seen a few bars clamped in a bench vise and bent to different angles before.

Thanks!
Yeah, The angle of the bar seems bigger so the tip of the bar sits quite a bit higher than my old Luke 1's did.
It really just needs to be bent to a smaller angle so the tip of the bar sits lower.

dibart77

Man, I love the Luke I Pearl Red. I think it's one of the best colors EBMM ever made. Hands down.

xjbebop

Nothing like getting a deal on a used guitar that really turns out to be nicer than a lot of new guitars.... enjoy!

Top Bottom