• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Stratty316

Nope, that is totally the wrong trem on that guitar. EBMM doesn't use a 6 screw Fender style trem on the JP or any of their guitars for that matter. The inlays look off as well... but not being super knowledgable about the JP guitars I'll let the JP guys spot the other issues... but the trem was easy to spot.

Last edited:

Nhoj

Nope, that is totally the wrong trem on that guitar. EBMM doesn't use a 6 screw Fender style trem on the JP or any of their guitars for that matter. The inlays look off as well... but not being super knowledgable about the JP guitars I'll let the JP guys spot the other issues... but the trem was easy to spot.

If not seems the blatant copying here in asia is still going on and will not stop

GWDavis28

Also the toggle switch location should be on the top horn.

Beware, Glenn |B)

spychocyco

Trem is wrong, as Stratty mentioned. Pickups look wrong. Finish looks bad, particularly the burst. The sound is horrible. Yeah, low quality vid, but the guitar still sounds shrill, tinny and buzzy. It's a fake.

RSG

I’m always amazed at the level of half-assedness that goes into these MM copies.

LordRiffenstein

Couldn't quite tell but it looks like a bevel rather than the forearm scoop too. A copy and a bad one.

ScottYecora

I recently bought a second hand EBMM Axis. Being aware of scams, I did extensive researches before buying it and found this, among other things : China Quilted Maple Top Music Man Axis Electric Guitar (EB-5) - China Lp Guitar, Electric Guitar

In other words, they are openly advertising their capacity to build entirely fake MM guitars that still have the EBMM logo and "Built in San Obispo" on the head. Terrible, isn't it?

Anyway, the new online capability to check serial numbers is a very good initiative, either for buyers or sellers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom