• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NickG

Hey folks,
I’m new here. Love this guitar and I want to incorporate using my fishman triple play with it. There isn’t quite enough space between the bridge pickup ring and the bridge. Does anyone know how vital the ring on this guitar is? Could I possibly sand down or eliminate the back side without adverse effects?
Thanks for any info in advance

GWDavis28

Hey folks,
I’m new here. Love this guitar and I want to incorporate using my fishman triple play with it. There isn’t quite enough space between the bridge pickup ring and the bridge. Does anyone know how vital the ring on this guitar is? Could I possibly sand down or eliminate the back side without adverse effects?
Thanks for any info in advance

I'd give CS a call or email and see what they say. They'd know best I would think.

Glenn |B)

NickG

So thanks to AJ Braman (found his name and email in another thread regarding customer support), no modification was necessary:) He clued me in to spacers between the ring and pickup and advised trying removing them. This allowed me to keep the pickup at the same height, but lower the pickup ring flush into the body. Now I have just enough space for the fishman pickup mount.

Attachments

• D825DD9D-AAFC-4D86-94F5-2E52FB41FB3F.jpg
    D825DD9D-AAFC-4D86-94F5-2E52FB41FB3F.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom