• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

EnterOblivion

Hi all,

I am interested in buying a EBMM JP model and previously made a post asking for a comparison between a few bolt-on JP models (JP-6, JP-15, and JPXI) here. I got some really great suggestions, especially about the JPXI, which I wasn't too sure about.

I've started also considering the Majesty models, specifically the Majesty Monarchy series, because of the matte back of the neck and body, that I prefer over glossy finished necks. The looks of the Majsety has slowly grown on me, so I can say I equally enjoy the cosmetics of both a Majesty and any bolt-on JP model. My list of possible future instruments includes the Majesty Monrachy, JP-6, and JPXI.

I'd like to know about your experiences with the Majesty line, and if you've owned any of the bolt-on JP models, I'd appreciate if you could provide a comparison between the two. Would you recommend that I look at any other Majesty models? Which Majesty model is the most comfortable to play (specially with respect to the back of the neck finish), and which one enables you to have a wider tonal range and more versatility?

Finally a few images for comparison below, and thank you all for your advice in advance.

2.jpg

slide-24 (5).jpg

g.jpg

johnnyboogie

You should try and get your hands on these guitars and really see for yourself. That's the best you can do with respect towards your imminent investment.

Most importantly, go with what you like the most aesthetically-wise. All JP models are designed to perform and provide the player with a very pleasant feel of comfort. You can't go wrong playability-wise. You tread in a very safe zone =D

Last edited:

EnterOblivion

That's fantastic. It's really reassuring to know that all the models are geared towards providing the most comfort for the player. Aesthetically I enjoy the JP-6 Mystic Dream, and the Majesty Monarchy in Majestic Purple since purple is my favorite color.

Unfortunately, in Montreal Canada none of the stores stock EBMM guitars. Even the stores in Toronto don't have any in stock right now. They will order them for me, but that will take 6 months to build, and requires a non-refundable deposit for each model ordered.

johnnyboogie

I get it. It's a leap of faith but not that risky. Like I said, you can't go wrong. Just stick with what you like the most and what inspired you the most when you look at it.

Top Bottom