• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Etudica

After a selling a bunch of gear (including my Toluca blue Valentine, sadly) I was finally able to pull the trigger on one of these. And I'm so glad I did. I was torn whether or not to grab a purple Majesty Monarchy, but something about the shade of purple just never pushed me over the top. And then I saw the announcement for this and I knew I had to have one. The black fade/burst on the top along with the flamed maple is so gorgeous. It's the perfect hue of purple in my opinion. The marker-less ebony board is absolute class. Neck, tone, it's everything I hoped for.

I was hesitant to sell my JPXI-7 in order to pay for this because my JPXI-7 plays so well. However, I think this one takes the cake and I may need to say goodbye to my JPXI. And then, just maybe, I'll pick up a BFR Majesty finally.

Without further ado, here is #28 of 98

Attachments

• JP15_BFR.jpg
    JP15_BFR.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 342
  • JP15_BFR_2.jpg
    JP15_BFR_2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 324
  • JP15_BFR_3.jpg
    JP15_BFR_3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 270

Tollywood

Oh man, you were not kidding. The purple fading out to black is gorgeous. Sweet neck. You really got your hands on a beautiful guitar. Enjoy!

Etudica

Wow nice, how do you like the bound board?

Glenn |B)

I love it. All of my acoustics are bound, but none of my other electrics are, including my PRS's. It's the perfect combination of form and function. Having a clean board without any dots or markers is no issue whatsoever to adjust to since the binding provides greater contrast on the side dots. And it's always fun to have non-musicians come up and ask how the hell you can play something without dots!

Etudica

On a side note, I saw DT live two weeks ago and was blown away by how awesome his charred silver majesty looked live on stage. I thought it looked better with the stage lighting than the tiger eye. I'm tempted to rotate more gear to grab one of those too!

spychocyco

Awesome. That is gorgeous. I would be sorely tempted toward bankruptcy by a six-string version. :D

Razzle

DANG I wished they made those in 6-string, it would look just like a JP6 Amethyst Burst

Congrats man! PURPLE RULES!!!

Etudica

DANG I wished they made those in 6-string, it would look just like a JP6 Amethyst Burst

Congrats man! PURPLE RULES!!!

Me too. I would have had to buy one of each then.

I can't say enough about how much I dig the more recent BFRs with the clean ebony boards and binding.

Etudica

Gorgeous specimen!

Thanks Pete! I couldn't come up with the funds in time to grab the one you had before it was gone. Fortunately there were still a few new ones out in the wild and I got lucky. When it comes time for my first majesty purchase I'll be sure to check your shop. It's a shame I'm not closer - would love to swing by one day.

lifeson1

Have one coming In this week that I found used - I know, couldn't believe it when I saw it. I JUST got a JP7, so I'm going to see what makes more sense to hold onto. I'm a sucker for purple guitars, so I have a feeling I may have to ship out the JP7.

BUT, since I don't play a TON of 7 string, going to measure it a bit. Got a great deal on it, but it's still more than the JP7 - and the JP7 is a monster payer. Feels great - it's the first original JP model I've owned since my original run of the first 100. Since then it's been BFR's and Maj's. Very excited.

Top Bottom