• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Hey all - I've seen many EBMM's come in and go out of my place in my time here. Even guitars I thought I could never part with have had things I didn't like about them which caused the search for the right one to continue until now. I saw Tollie's post about his BFR Morse in Tahitian Blue and based on his description and what I could find online about it I became seriously interested. When this model first came out it was never an option for a number of reasons - the biggest one was the cost. Fast forward a bit and I found one used at GC at a cost I could deal with.

On to the guitar. This guitar ticks all of the boxes for me - finally.
Large full C profile for my larger hands? Check
Roasted flame maple neck? Check
SS frets? Check
Mahogany Body? Check
Quilted Maple top? Check
Bound neck? Check
Pickups which create "that sound" for me? Check
Playability off of the charts? Check

Two interesting things to note - the first of which blew my mind. While looking at the pictures of this particular guitar on the retailer's website I noticed something - compare this guitar to the one on EBMM's October 2017 BFR page - hey - that's my guitar in the pictures!!!! Here's the link to the EBMM page. If you're interested you can compare for yourself :). Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man The second thing is apparently they didn't have any BFR-engraved neck plates at the time as mine doesn't have one - just a standard plate. Sorry for the long post but I had a lot to say this morning :). One other note - once I get this thing paid for I'll have to find a Darklord to go with it :). Here are the pics:

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Wow nice, congrats!!! I really love the reverse head stock thing, for me it's an extra coolness factor. I've seen plenty of these around, but your right the list price is way out of anything I might consider my range.

Enjoy it!!!! Glenn |B)

LordRiffenstein

That quilt is off the charts! The Morse models weren't really on my radar but they look bonafide bad ass.

Tollywood

Congrats! The Tahitian Blue Dark Lord is such a great guitar. You found one with my favorite type of quilt top: sausage quilt. What a beautiful guitar.

edhalen

Thanks all. I’m have the time of my life playing this guitar. What a masterpiece.

@Tollie - blew my mind when I realized that this guitar for sale used at GC is the one in the pictures on the EBMM BFR website. Extremely proud to own it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ehmanages

Resurrecting a thread....

I am a long time lurker for EBMM gear but the nut size and neck thickness never did it for me. I now own 2 of the morse Tahitian quilt HH's. This is exactly what I wanted in any MM guitar. I would love to know true specs on the guitar... as nitty gritty as anyone can get... type of SS fret wire (size etc,) . exact type of humbucker with ohms, etc. I am so thankful for this guitar thanks, BP, Brian, and entire Ball fam!

edhalen

Hey - welcome to the family!!! I, too, am in neck profile heaven. I have large hands and this thing fits like a glove.
Email EBMM customer service - they should be able to assist with whatever specs they're comfortable with sharing. Please report back here with what you find out as I've been wondering what the complete specs are as well. Also, you should post a new guitar day thread with pictures. We have a saying around here - it doesn't exist without pics!!! :) Oh, one more thing - the pups in this wonderful guitar weren't doing it for me. So, I decided on a set of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates. OMG!!! This guitar is absolute perfection! I can't imagine any LP hanging with this guitar.

ThePod

Really impressive quilting on that! Quilt tops are gorgeous to me!!

Top Bottom