• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BlacknWhite

Just thought I'd share my latest build. I had a '78 Stingray and had ongoing neck issues so decided frankenstein a new bass. I LOVE the sound of the old Stingrays so I took the electronics and PU out of the Ray and transplant it into the body of an old 70's Northern P bass I had. I routed out a hole for the MM pick up and the electronics fit right in to the existing cavity. The body on the P bass was smaller so I cut the pickguard so the control plate would blend right into it. Then I decided I wanted to try and add a 2nd MM pickup in the neck position. So I routed in a 2nd hole and cut a slot in the pickguard, I loved the sound with both PU's so at the moment its wired they are both always on. I'm going to throw in a stacked volume pot to control the 2 PU's but for now I love the sound! I also prefer the smaller body and P style neck.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 188

Tollywood

Hey, I was thinking...Music Man would probably sell you a replacement neck if you turn in your old neck with issues.

BlacknWhite

Hey, I was thinking...Music Man would probably sell you a replacement neck if you turn in your old neck with issues.

I have talked to them already and since it's pre Ernie Ball (1978) they have nothing in stock that would fit. I honestly Like it better now anyways. The smaller body and P neck are more comfortable for me when playing live. It sounds just as good as it did in the Stingray.

danny-79

I have talked to them already and since it's pre Ernie Ball (1978) they have nothing in stock that would fit. I honestly Like it better now anyways. The smaller body and P neck are more comfortable for me when playing live. It sounds just as good as it did in the Stingray.

If you are happy with it that’s all that matters just shame you couldn’t find a replacement neck. I can imagine there is one out there somewhere though

Top Bottom