• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

So, I've been on this forum for quite a while now and it never ceases to maze me that the people I've met here are just great. I first met MikeVT at the 2005 EBMM Forum Open house!! I met many there and at other forum sponsored events. I got a FailBook Messanger post from Mikey saying he was gonna be out my way (Eastern Mass) for the Great Amp Show, I had seen things about it, but I wasn't in the market and I had some others. So, Mike says he any chance we can get together, I say "Hell yah!!". Luckily the show was only a few towns over. We made plans connected Saturday night, went to really great place to eat that I had never been, had some awesome food and basically closed the place. It was totally great to see Mike can get caught up face to face. I've met some many people from here Beej, the Brothers Dubaldo, FrankRick, MikeVT, the Brother's Ball, the man himself BP, Jack, Fred, and many others, though I'll always miss Mr Mike Green may he rest in peace. I never would have thought that those types of connections would made via the World Weird Web.

I miss the forum get togethers (Open House, Desert Domination, and of course Jack's 50th!!), but I understand the cost was nutso, but they were always good times and they will always be appreciated.

I've meet others at the Dubaldo Sessions, try to never miss those, some of the nicest and genuine people you'll ever meet.

Just wanted to share, thanx for taking the time to read. Glenn |B)

Astrofreq

Ditto. I love this place too and I can't believe I've been on here this long. Have yet to meet any of you peeps in person.

edhalen

Sounds like an awesome time was had Glenn!! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tollywood

Yeah, I've made some really good friends here, too. There are always really nice people here on the forum. I think there is a very polite atmosphere here.

I went out to NAMM last year and met some of you in person. That was really fun. I almost met Big Poppa, but he was eating at a table in the Ernie Ball booth and I didn't want to interrupt his meal. There's that politeness again!

GWDavis28

I did chat with Brian, and he was very nice.

Yup Brian and Scott are super. Beej and I got to golf with them once, that was a blast, though my round sucked, it was a fun time.

Glenn |B)

MikeVt

Wow. I've been away for a while (just not foruming much...new job and all), and just happened to come back today. I SO agree with all aspects of your post, Glenn. I had a great time on Saturday as well. I can't believe it's been almost 15 years already. Like you said, I have met so many great people because of this forum, and have been able to maintain relationships with many of them.

Thinking back, you and the folks here have really been a huge part of my life. You were here for me when I bought my first JP, for the forum bashes, and even when I lost my Dad to Alzheimer's over 10 years ago. The outpouring of support I got at that time was overwhelming. I even printed out the 3 pages of condolences and kept them.

I really do wish we could all get together more often. Those bashes were incredible...but I understand the cost issues. I still get down to visit Pete and Nick when I can, and still love to hit their clinics when they come around. For now though, just doing things like the Amp Show in Boston help keep me connected. I ran into several EBMM fans there, including Jason Richardson. Maybe we need a t-shirt or something so we can pick each other out at other gear events and concerts....LOL

Thanks for the post, Glenn. We'll do it again soon!
Mike

fsmith

It's been way too long that's for sure... There were some great times at those 3 events, hanging with forum members, artists and the personalized gifts and attention from EBMM were over the top! I had Dudley Gimpel autograph the VIP laminate from 2005 and it still hangs in my guitar room. It was after the 2005 Open House and talking to Michael Greene that he realized that I had been working with his sister without knowing it... Small world! We still work in the same department after all these years. I'm always up for a reunion.

fred

Sweat

Hello Mike and Fred,

Nice seeing you around. I do not post much any longer but lurk from time to time and hit Pete up on occasion

Yep have not met many people but have befriended many based on the forum. I did go to a few of Jacks Saturday EBBM gatherings at his house back several years ago. Always fun!

A reunion in SLO would be great, especially since I am close at least for another 6 months or so.

GWDavis28

Ah, the good ole days.....................

Fred, Keith and Frank, thanx for contributing. Keith, sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully it works out some how. Frank my brother long time!!!! Fred,ooh so long my friend, glad to see/hear from you.

Glenn |B)

fsmith

Fred, Keith and Frank, thanx for contributing. Keith, sorry to hear about your issues, hopefully it works out some how. Frank my brother long time!!!! Fred,ooh so long my friend, glad to see/hear from you.

Glenn |B)

Glenn,
I've been around, mostly lurking. Life has been crazy, I have 5 grandkids and counting, so they keep me busy! I still managed to pick up a sweet 1998 Axis Hardtail a few months back watching the for sale threads... I try and poke my head in here every few days or so.

GWDavis28

Glenn,
I've been around, mostly lurking. Life has been crazy, I have 5 grandkids and counting, so they keep me busy! I still managed to pick up a sweet 1998 Axis Hardtail a few months back watching the for sale threads... I try and poke my head in here every few days or so.

Wow Fred, nice, congrats, that's a lot of grand kids. I don't remember seeing a NGD from that, or did I miss it?

Nice hearing from you, Glenn |B)

Top Bottom