• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rayarts

Hi,

First of all happy to join this forum! This is my first post.

I recently purchased a EBMM Sterling 4H (2005 model - F12470) including Piezo. I am a proud owner and I would like to learn more.

Q1.
The three way switch (serial,single coil,parallel) IMHO does not seem to do much. When turning down the piezo element it tends to offer some more variety but my overall impression is that the tonal differences between the 3 settings are hardly noticeable. Is this a correct statement or could there be a faulty switch?

Q2.
On the back there is a cover plate. When removed it reveals a number of "potentiometers" which allow tweaking / configuring using a small screwdriver. Is there an instruction manual what these screws exactly are for and how to adjust safely? I would imagine these meters are used to tweak the sound.

Thank you all for your help!
Ray

The Netherlands

Last edited:

Edmang

The three way switch only affects the ceramic pickup and has no impact on the piezo. It is subtle.

The back panel is for adjusting the output of the individual string piezo pickups as well as their overall volume

Attachments

• cfd_sterling_h_piezo.pdf
    24.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Bass Piezo Trim Pot FD.jpg
    Bass Piezo Trim Pot FD.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 213

rayarts

The three way switch only affects the ceramic pickup and has no impact on the piezo. It is subtle.

The back panel is for adjusting the output of the individual string piezo pickups as well as their overall volume

Thanks, ok clear the potentiometer is for volume alignment with the ceramic pickup. The three way switch is very subtle IMHO. Certainly not offering a different tonal experience. Maybe my expectations need to be reset. Thanks again!

Top Bottom