• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sudzinsky

I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to get and looking for some help from people that may have both for comparison.

I have to sss strats right now so the stingray seems like the obvious choice however I've wanted an HSS for a long time. I definitely want a bridge humbucker but I am not a big fan of humbuckers in the neck. Being a strat guy I love that neck single coil tone.

There's also the neck differences. I love the v-c shape on the Cutlass but haven't been able to play a Stingray.

I should also note that I am looking for something to cover heavier music but if the HSS can handle that and still give me that straty neck tone, then I may be able to get rid of my strats.

I'm just a hobby bedroom player using Bias fx.

Any thoughts on the two with what I'm describing?

Fro

... I've wanted an HSS for a long time...I am not a big fan of humbuckers in the neck...I love that neck single coil tone...

QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you want an HSS Cutlass.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Yes, it can handle heavy stuff. Search YouTube for Ryan Bruce's, EytschPi42's, and Matt the Riff Master's reviews. If you want to do low-tuned djent-age you'll buy a guitar for that. But the Cutlass can handle everything else.

I love my one so much. Just do it. :cool:

Top Bottom