• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

FreeHat

Walked into a guitar store on Friday looking for a new all-rounder. Walked out with a JP15.

Everytime I've picked up a musicman I've though, damn nice feel, I need to get one of these. Finally I did.

It was pretty much love at first play. Can't believe the workmanship on this guitar. Felt like home straight away. Most minor details that have ever bothered me about other guitars are totally sorted. From how the bridge feels when muting, how the tuners feel, how the pots roll off, but most importantly, the feel of the neck.

And the boost pot. What a great system, and yes, like others have said, now no need to for a boost/overdrive pedal in many situations.

Some pleasant surprises after buying include hearing the Piezo pickup through my own rig. Damn if this piezo isn't 10 times better than the one in my Parker Fly. I will actually use this now.

Also the Mahogony body. My first, and just sounds great.

If I had to find a criticism, I would say the case is pretty average, but I'd much rather the effort went into the guitar not thecase, so this is no biggie. Also I am still finding my way around the split pickup sounds and how to get som strat-like sounds out of them. Finally it's not compatible with my Line 6 G10S wireless system and introduces a horrible 5KHz noise, but that is not the fault of the guitar.

Anyway, really a beautiful instrument. Well done musicman.

Fro

I’m going to need to see proof of this alleged JP before I can throw out a “Congrats”.

edhalen

Yep, rule #1 around here - no pics no guitar!! :). Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FreeHat

I’m going to need to see proof of this alleged JP before I can throw out a “Congrats”.

Here ya go :)

IMG-20190515-140548.jpg

IMG-20190515-140614.jpg

IMG-20190515-140717.jpg

IMG-20190515-140620.jpg

IMG-20190515-140627.jpg

Awhitlock

Wow! What a looker! Love those necks and tops!

I'm still yet to play one of those ... they're quite hard to find in a walk-in shop where I am.

MikeDavis

Very nice guitar man! I love the tiger maple neck!

I am currently, as of this moment watching my first ever EBMM Monarchy Majesty travel on FedEx from Indiana (Sweetwater Music) to my eager hands here near Atlanta, GA.

Top Bottom