• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fro

Very very nice! Congrats and welcome to the club.

Wahoonc

I really can't justify buying a new guitar, especially an Axis/ASS, but that guitar is the one I WOULD buy. And I have been very close a few times since it was announced. I absolutely love everything about that guitar. Congrats! I might join you one day.

Fro

I really can't justify buying a new guitar, especially an Axis/ASS, but that guitar is the one I WOULD buy. And I have been very close a few times since it was announced. I absolutely love everything about that guitar. Congrats! I might join you one day.

Do it!

BrickGlass

I can't emphasize enough how nice this guitar is. I have a BFR JP and a BFR Luke II and this thing is right there in quality with those two. In looks, it has them beat imo.

Couple interesting notes about it. This thing is light. Really light. I was stunned at how light weight it is. I was also surprised at how much I needed to raise the pickups on it to have the output be in the same ballpark as my other five electric guitars. Since these are mounted pickups I had to do the old foam underneath the pickup method. The covers on the pickups are the main reason I think I needed to do this. This is the only guitar I own with covered pickups and it certainly makes for a unique tone. Not as bright and a much creamier tone. Very similar to the tone out of a covered Les Paul pickup. In fact, one of my guitar students just got a new Les Paul and we were checking out our new axes in his lesson and we were both stunned at how similar the tone was between the two guitars. Now this was after I raised them with the foam, but it was shockingly similar.

Top Bottom