• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

J-Diz

Hi, I'm new here. After many months of waiting, my dream guitar, a Balboa blue flame Axis, has finally arrived. I am incredibly happy with it and will never let it go.

However, on my receipt from the store, it says it came with a Steve Morse model case. It's definitely not molded for an Axis. It still seems to fit fine, but I'm wondering if EBMM shipping them in those cases is the norm.

Anybody know?

J-Diz

I'm not home to check, but I remember it saying Axis and also a sticker saying Steve Morse. At the time, I remember thinking it was just a mistake with the sticker, but when I was emailed the invoice today, it said Morse case clear as day.

I'll try to post pictures tonight.

GWDavis28

If it was new it should have an Axis case and not a Steve Morse case. The store could have just screwed up their paper work as well.

Glenn |B)

J-Diz

Ugh. This is so frustrating. I guess I'll be contacting them. I'm glad my guitar wasn't damaged during shipping due to it.

J-Diz

Guitar Center. Never going back. They could not have been more apathetic about taking my money. Terrible customer service. And now this.

How does this even happen? How does one model guitar ship with another model's case? They're even two separate line items on the invoice.

Thanks for listening to the new guy rant. Haha. At least I finally have my Axis after a long 7 month wait. It has exceeded all my expectations. It's a special guitar that I've really bonded with.

GWDavis28

Guitar Center. Never going back. They could not have been more apathetic about taking my money. Terrible customer service. And now this.

How does this even happen? How does one model guitar ship with another model's case? They're even two separate line items on the invoice.

Thanks for listening to the new guy rant. Haha. At least I finally have my Axis after a long 7 month wait. It has exceeded all my expectations. It's a special guitar that I've really bonded with.

Never heard of an EBMM being shipped in the wrong case, I'm sure things happen. But GC use to play the shell game and charge extra for the cases even though they come with the guitars. They tried that with me once, but I knew better and called them on it. If you want the Axis case, I'd say talk to them and if you don't get anywhere contact corporate. The way you feel right now only can hurt business. Just my thoughts.

Glenn |B)

Wahoonc

The good news is that if it has a red Axis badge, then it's the right case and GC simply screwed up the sticker and invoice. Post a quick picture and I (we) can tell you if it's the right case.

beej

Fwiw, the guitars aren't supposed to be snug in the cases. They float a bit, which helps prevent stress cracks at the neck.

I have a bunch of cases from different models ... when I use them I just grab whichever is handy. I'd be hard pressed to tell you which case came with which guitar. (And most of them are suitable for multiple models anyway.)

Daniel

Hi, I'm new here. After many months of waiting, my dream guitar, a Balboa blue flame Axis, has finally arrived. I am incredibly happy with it and will never let it go.

However, on my receipt from the store, it says it came with a Steve Morse model case. It's definitely not molded for an Axis. It still seems to fit fine, but I'm wondering if EBMM shipping them in those cases is the norm.

Anybody know?

Hi J-Diz,
We have a standard case that we ship the Axis, Steve Morse, Albert Lee, and Luke guitars in. Your case should just say Ernie Ball Music Man. If you feel like there is an issue shoot us an email at [email protected]

BrickGlass

I’m assuming it’s also the same case for the Axis Super Sport? Just bought a BFR ASS and the case it came with is quite large for it.

J-Diz

Thank you, Daniel and everyone else!

Figures that right before I clicked this thread just now, I had the absolute genius idea to do an image search for "Axis guitar case" and yup, that's my case. Guess I should have just taken Guitar Center's word that they put the wrong info on the box and invoice. I totally thought they were pulling a fast one because they already had my money.

Anyway, I'm relieved. I love my guitar so much and in the next day or so, I'll finally put it down long enough to take a picture of it and properly introduce myself to the forum.

Thanks again, everybody!

Top Bottom