• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

phatduckk

The nice UPS man brought me my Valentine today.

Ok pics first.

81fLG32.jpg

Y2latdr.jpg

The headstock’s figuring is absurd. So beautiful.

So I’m no stranger to buying gear; I’ve bought more guitars than I can remember at this point and it’s pretty rare that I instantly click with an instrument. But this one, wow, it just immediately felt right.

Tone wise - as many have noted - the single coil sounds are something else. The bridge is amazingly aggressive yet easy to tame and the neck split is delicious ��

The neck as a bucker is pretty damn deep and rich. Pretty surprising actually. Looking forward to playing around with it in a high gain situation.

So far I’ve only been able to spend about an hour with this guitar through my Deluxe Reverb. Hopefully I’ll be able to put it through the Friedman and Mesa soon.

All in all I’m beyond impressed and happy. It’s an intuitive guitar but also incredibly fun & versatile.

If you’re on the fence buy one ��

jones4tone

Congrats!! They are fantastic guitars, for certain - the pickups offer SO much versatility.

I like that color more in your picture than in the promo photos I'd seen up to now. I concur with your bottom line. Enjoy!

phatduckk

Congrats!! They are fantastic guitars, for certain - the pickups offer SO much versatility.

I like that color more in your picture than in the promo photos I'd seen up to now. I concur with your bottom line. Enjoy!

Ya the red is definitely more vibrant in person than in photos. It’s a not a flat red at all... has a 2% hint of sparkle going on.

Might have to tort this one :)

Twang Banger

I have the same guitar in Toluca Lake Blue ... and of my 15 or so electrics, it is probably my - desert island - guitar. The one I would choose if forced to keep only one.

One hint ... if you do not like the degree to which the 20db boost increases volume, it can be adjusted inside the back plate. I lowered mine a bit, and for me, it is more usable.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rbs

Congrats beautiful! I love my Valentine too a discover something new it can do daily!

phatduckk

I have the same guitar in Toluca Lake Blue ... and of my 15 or so electrics, it is probably my - desert island - guitar. The one I would choose if forced to keep only one.

One hint ... if you do not like the degree to which the 20db boost increases volume, it can be adjusted inside the back plate. I lowered mine a bit, and for me, it is more usable.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh thanks! I totally read that somewhere and immediately forgot. I actually like it where it is but I’ll definitely play around with it now that you brought it up

leond

I found if I'm playing clean to overdriven, the boost increases my volume. A little boost goes a long way here.

If I'm playing very distorted to high gain, the boost increases the amount of distortion/saturation (without affecting the volume as much). 20db here goes from crazy to freakin' insane!

Two different used for the boost depending on your tone.

Top Bottom