• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

billpepper82

So I got a sterling cutlass, took it to my friend Cody's house. He has a MM axis ss on it's stand by his amp and his gf comes barging in like a maniac accuses him of some stuff not my concern. All the sudden she grabs the Axis ss and proceeds to smash it :( and then she storms out not knowing what to do I leave. a day later I see Cody again and he has the neck from the Axis SS and he gives it to me and says to put it on the cutlass. I bring it to my house and get the idea to make a Green Day guitar so I take the cutlass to my other friend Nick to see what he can do and a couple of days later I get this. IMG_0659.jpg IMG_0660.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 218

TripHazard

That’s ace - and a good story. Hope your pal has replaced his girlfriend with a more amenable one. Such activity is a red card offence! (My ex wife threatened one my guitars with a hammer... notice I said ex-wife )

Wahoonc

That’s so not funny, but you got an awesome neck, guitar, and story out of it. My now wife once made a comment about selling/damaging my guitars when she was upset about something. It took her longer to say it than it took me to load my guitars and dog in the car and roll. We have not had that problem again. Boundaries.

GWDavis28

DAMN :O, I feel for your buddy, that bites!!

Congrats on the neck score, how does it feel/play on the Sterling?

Glenn |B)

Awhitlock

A great guitar always needs a story. I'm sorry for your buddy, but you got an amazing neck out of the situation.

I'm a big fan of mix 'n' match guitars. Quite often with experimentation I find the woods just work great together and I get an amazing player.

However ... I'll be quick to add that I have actually kept all of my MM guitars intact. They feel perfect for me the way they are.

Sweat

Wow nice that you have the neck, sucks how you got it, she would be long gone if it was my house.

Cool guitar though

RSG

Generation after generation, when will dudes finally understand the phrase "guits before chicks"? Seriously, when was the last time your guitar got upset that you brought home another one? Have 1, have 5, have 44, they will each patiently wait for their turn. And over their lifetime they will cost waaayyyyy less than a girlfriend. When a guitar gets a few imperfections, it's just mojo. When a girl starts accumulating issues, well.... I'll just stop there...

Congrats on that beauty of a neck!

TripHazard

Generation after generation, when will dudes finally understand the phrase "guits before chicks"? Seriously, when was the last time your guitar got upset that you brought home another one? Have 1, have 5, have 44, they will each patiently wait for their turn. And over their lifetime they will cost waaayyyyy less than a girlfriend. When a guitar gets a few imperfections, it's just mojo. When a girl starts accumulating issues, well.... I'll just stop there...

Congrats on that beauty of a neck!

That’s made my morning. How do we keep forgetting this? It’s not rocket appliances...

Pops

Hank Marvin is quoted as saying in an interview " My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells all my guitars for what I've told her I bought them for".

Awhitlock

Hank Marvin is quoted as saying in an interview " My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells all my guitars for what I've told her I bought them for".

That is hilarious.... and very true!!!

Top Bottom