• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrMatthewCross

Hi,
I own an Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice bass. I just want to know if the screws on the Ernie Ball Strap Locks match the existing screws of my bass.
Thanks.

jones4tone

They are probably a bit shorter because of how the screw sits in the strap button. That’s how it is with the guitar buttons, at least. If you use the factory screws with the strap lock buttons, the screw will go 3/16” or so deeper into the body, maybe deeper than the pilot hole.

danny-79

What would be great is being able to buy just the buttons by them self. I’ve got three sets of “spare/back up” locks in reserve ....

DrMatthewCross

I've solved the problem taking a different route. I bought one of these:
EBPLWStrap-large.jpg
It's the wide neoprene model, and it's available in just one lenght. I needed to modify mine because it was too long for me, but it's perfect and works with all my instruments.

danny-79

I've solved the problem taking a different route. I bought one of these:
View attachment 35259
It's the wide neoprene model, and it's available in just one lenght. I needed to modify mine because it was too long for me, but it's perfect and works with all my instruments.

That would save a lot of messing about apart from I’m in too deep with the super locks. New bass vs the price of a set of Super Locks even if it’s just for the buttons. What I should really do is have more than two straps, even though I only use the one as it is :p

DrMatthewCross

I always used one strap (black) for all my instruments. I have Mono strap as backup which is very comfortable and I secure it on my basses with beer washers. I think I'll use this Polylock from now on, it's comfortable and easy to put and remove.
I can't understand why they did the wide neoprene model so long, it's crazy. I'm 175 centimeters tall, I was just trying to have it approximately at the same height when sitting down, but it was WAY longer. It worked for a while but I started feeling some pain the the left wrist, so I modified it.

Daniel

Hi,
I own an Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice bass. I just want to know if the screws on the Ernie Ball Strap Locks match the existing screws of my bass.
Thanks.

Hi there,
We recommend using the screws that came with the strap locks. They should be the right size for your bass.

danny-79

I always used one strap (black) for all my instruments. I have Mono strap as backup which is very comfortable and I secure it on my basses with beer washers. I think I'll use this Polylock from now on, it's comfortable and easy to put and remove.
I can't understand why they did the wide neoprene model so long, it's crazy. I'm 175 centimeters tall, I was just trying to have it approximately at the same height when sitting down, but it was WAY longer. It worked for a while but I started feeling some pain the the left wrist, so I modified it.

Very strange it’s not adjustable.
I’ve had the same two straps for as long as I can remember, they are both custom made leather. (One all black and one red/burgundy and black). I have them set few inches lower than seated position.
Just ordered a new set of locks as well, it’s only fair :p

DrMatthewCross

Very strange it’s not adjustable.
I’ve had the same two straps for as long as I can remember, they are both custom made leather. (One all black and one red/burgundy and black). I have them set few inches lower than seated position.
Just ordered a new set of locks as well, it’s only fair :p

It IS adjustable, never said it wasn't. The problem is that in its higher setting it's still too low for me, and like I said I'm 175 centimeters tall. I'd say average height.

danny-79

It IS adjustable, never said it wasn't. The problem is that in its higher setting it's still too low for me, and like I said I'm 175 centimeters tall. I'd say average height.

I got you, sorry misunderstood what you said. You can’t get it short enough even on it’s shortest setting, I understand now :)

DrMatthewCross

English isn't my native language, so it's possible that I wasn't very clear. The strap is fine now and works great.

Top Bottom