• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Phrankenstrat

Sorry if this has been covered before but I refuse to believe that I'm the only one that would LOVE to see EBMM make a T-style guitar. I would think this would quickly move to one of their top sellers. With their close association with Leo over the years, I would think a killer Tele/ASAT type of guitar with the quality of MM behind it with the modern features a la the Cutlass, these would move out the door faster than they could make them. Am I the only one?

jones4tone

It’s different in appearance, and opinions vary, but the Valentine is pretty remarkable covering that sonic ground, to my ears, though it has range beyond with the neck humbucker. Who knows what’s on the drawing board for the “modern classics” series, though.

klaveguitars

Here's mine:

dKUThf8.jpg

The backstory: I bought an Axis on ebay a few months back. It had been refinished (not professionally) and hardware swapped. Paid under $400 for it! It makes a great Tele.

xjbebop

I like the idea! Of course, the Axis is close to the body shape.... but not the pickups. That 'inexpensive' one of klaveguitar's looks awesome!
Sometimes you just have to make your own.... here's mine...

MwpQ4kW.jpg

bbjonz

I have an Axis Super Sport MM90 that sounds and feels pretty close to a Tele. That's what I use it for, at any rate. Having said that, I have a '66 Tele that's pretty cool, but all of my EBMMs play and sound better.

RSG

I like the idea! Of course, the Axis is close to the body shape.... but not the pickups. That 'inexpensive' one of klaveguitar's looks awesome!
Sometimes you just have to make your own.... here's mine...

MwpQ4kW.jpg

You win :)

banjoplayer

soundwise the AL is more Tele than Strat.
BP said once, asked whichh EBMM is closest to a Tele, that it´s the Albert Lee

Wahoonc

I have an Axis Super Sport MM90 that sounds and feels pretty close to a Tele. That's what I use it for, at any rate. Having said that, I have a '66 Tele that's pretty cool, but all of my EBMMs play and sound better.

Check. The ASS MM90 covers a lot of ground.

spychocyco

Not a big fan of manufacturers copying other manufacturers' iconic designs to the letter. Granted, there are only so many designs and configurations for guitars, but I'd rather have EBMM putting out something that's Tele-like (Valentine) or LP-like (Armada) than a straight copy that looks and sounds just like a Fender or Gibson. If I wanted a Tele, Strat or LP, I'd go buy one (and have :D).

LordRiffenstein

Not a big fan of manufacturers copying other manufacturers' iconic designs to the letter. Granted, there are only so many designs and configurations for guitars, but I'd rather have EBMM putting out something that's Tele-like (Valentine) or LP-like (Armada) than a straight copy that looks and sounds just like a Fender or Gibson. If I wanted a Tele, Strat or LP, I'd go buy one (and have :D).

I agree, there's a kind of difficult to describe quirkiness to EBMM guitars that make them their own thing and that's part of what makes them awesome. I'm sure if they did a more direct take on a tele they'd put their spin on it and make it super cool though. I'd probably buy it.

Top Bottom