• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Edmang

If you send and e-mail with serial number to [email protected] they should be able to tell you the name of the finish.

Attached is the diagram. Doesn't show up on the page but should open if you click it

Attachments

• cfd_stingray_hh_3eq.pdf
    27.6 KB · Views: 159

danny-79

If you send and e-mail with serial number to [email protected] they should be able to tell you the name of the finish.

Attached is the diagram. Doesn't show up on the page but should open if you click it

Thanks for that. The diagram was exactly what I was looking for.
The serial number data base had changed, fully automated now, it’s not showing colours as part of the specifications for some reason but it’s early days for the new system. Very handy though to get an instant response, just put the number in and there it is !

danny-79

Just going over diagram, am I correct in saying that what ever the position the switch is in the pickups are always running in Parallel?

Edmang

Just going over diagram, am I correct in saying that what ever the position the switch is in the pickups are always running in Parallel?

Yes

Series only available with older SR5s and Sterlings

danny-79

Thought that was the case thanks for clearing that up.
I have word the bass in question has landed but I cannot (not allowed) to even open the case for a couple of weeks yet...... NBD and full story to follow :p

Edmang

Wow! Long wait! Interested in your follow up post on the story. Sure you will enjoy it when you can open it to play.

danny-79

Wow! Long wait! Interested in your follow up post on the story. Sure you will enjoy it when you can open it to play.

Should hopefully be visiting it today just to check it over then it’s has to be handed back over. Not that I mind, all will be revealed soon enough :p

danny-79

Ok so just been to visit it and check it over (best you can with out an amp!!)
It’s exactly as described. It’s been “stored” and not played for quite a while. It’s pretty stagnant to be honest. Battery removed. The strings were new about 5+yes ago (my guess) the whole things got that stagnant musty smell to it, chrome is all spotted and noticed metal filings stuck to the pole piece (trying not to get too worried about that for now)
Anyways. It’s back in its case. (Another week won’t hurt). Just ordered strings, super locks and a new battery (and some new PG screws. Don’t like the mould green look !!!

Full before, after & story and photos to to follow !

Top Bottom