• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MIC777

Hi to everyone,

I am new in this forum so first I would like to say hello to everybody!

I have just purachased an AXIS (usend but mind conditions) but I cannot find the serial number...I have checked both on the back of the headstock and on the bridge plate but without success.

Can you help me on this?

I need it to register the guitar and to find out the year it was manufactured.

Thank you so much!

Awhitlock

Can you post a picture of the neck plate/back of the guitar and headstock. The fact that you cannot find one, is a little worrying....

GWDavis28

I would guess that the neck plate cracked and whomever owned it go a replacement plate from EBMM. You might have to take off the neck to see if there is a date in the neck pocket.

Glenn |B)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Well, well, if that ain’t the weirdest thing.

Great looking guitar!! Sure looks fine to me. Weird about the neck plate.

As Glenn said, there may be a date In the neck pocket or maybe under the pick ups, I don’t know? Maybe Under the pick ups or in the control cavity at work number or order number or something. You could call Music Man and see if I can give you any info from that.

spychocyco

Has to be a replacement neck plate. That looks absolutely legit. Customer Service is probably going to be the best route to get an answer.

Awhitlock

Well, that's an interesting find! Haha. I agree .... I'd look deeper for a number. Loosen the neck and have a look ;-)

beej

That is an odd one. I would reach out to customer service and see if they have any advice. Maybe this was an artist or employee guitar that didn't get a S/N or something?

PeteDuBaldo

It looks pretty correct to me, and likely a damaged/cracked neckplate that was replaced.

There is no reason to remove the neck.

If the guitar is indeed original and has not been taken apart and refinished or had multiple pickup swaps done, then there should be a sticker in the cavity for the bridge pickup. If you remove/lift the bridge pickup you should be able to see it.

If it is still there, the sticker will have the build code (probably 300-75-10-00 for Axis, Black Cherry Burst, maple fretboard w/ natural headstock, no pickguard), and a unique work order number that is similar to #5432101. Ernie Ball may be able to provide you with the original serial number assigned to that work order.

Daniel

Top Bottom