• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

VA_Bass

Anyone else having issues getting new Stingray5 HH Specials? I ordered a Jet Black w/ rosewood fingerboard in March. The delivery date kept slipping and now I'm told that it's November 11th 2019... and I might not get it then since there are other people who have ordered the same.

I'd be curious how long it takes to manufacture these basses since 8+ months seems like a long time to wait on a ~$2,500 instrument. This is my first Ernie Ball purchase so I'm curious if this is normal since I'm really tempted to cancel the order and go with a different bass.

jones4tone

The lead times can get really long depending on order volume. (I ordered a guitar from a special run in Jan. 2017, and it wasn’t delivered until June 2018. Multiple factors in that timing, but a long wait nonetheless.) The first time I ordered a guitar that wasn’t already in a dealer’s inventory, I was shocked by the 7-8 month wait, but now I’ve learned to be more (but not perfectly. :) ) patient. It will be worth the wait when you get it, though!

Edmang

Unfortunately 8+ months is normal when ordering a bass to be built. Have ordered a couple over the years and it has taken at least that.

As said previously, it is worth the wait. And you get the finish you want rather than settling for what may be available at a particular time.

Daniel

Anyone else having issues getting new Stingray5 HH Specials? I ordered a Jet Black w/ rosewood fingerboard in March. The delivery date kept slipping and now I'm told that it's November 11th 2019... and I might not get it then since there are other people who have ordered the same.

I'd be curious how long it takes to manufacture these basses since 8+ months seems like a long time to wait on a ~$2,500 instrument. This is my first Ernie Ball purchase so I'm curious if this is normal since I'm really tempted to cancel the order and go with a different bass.

Ernie Ball Music Man and our partners and distributors may quote a longer lead time than most guitar manufacturers because our instruments are made to order right here in Central California, USA. We can assure you that we put the utmost quality time and effort into getting each Ernie Ball Music Man instrument out of our factory doors and into the hands of its owner as quickly and efficiently as possible, and we guarantee it will be worth the wait.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected]

VA_Bass

Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm really looking forward to getting this in my hands and I guess I will just try to be patient. I'll cross my fingers that it shows up before November, but I should probably stop checking the order status every other day... it's just makes it worse lol. Really appreciate the focus on Quality since that is more important than delivery speed.

RussMan

UUhhgg, the wait is awfully painful. I ordered my Stingray 5 Special in vintage tobacco waaayyy back in late March 2019, and they originally said it would ship mid May 2019. Now they say November. But, I agree, quality is more important than delivery speed. I just want to play it now! Haha.

Top Bottom