• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cvballa008

Hello,

I am seeing online theres an axis for sale and it has piezo. could I still swap the two humbuckers that are in there for a liquifire/gravity storm without it affecting piezo?

GWDavis28

The piezo crystals are built into the saddles, like TrapperJ said, shouldn't be a problem.

Glenn |B)

beej

The wiring part of it is pretty straight-forward, so yes.

The Axis pickups direct mount to the body, so they're set at a particular height. Not sure what height the replacements will end up being.

BrickGlass

The Liquifire is a great pickup. I have that and the Crunchlab combo in a couple of guitars and really really love it. Remember with mounted pickups you can adjust them if you aren't liking the output or tone. Just need a little foam underneath them. Works pretty great.

cvballa008

thank you all! I cant wait till they come in and I install them. as for as the guitar, I didn't get it, gonna stick to my sterling for a couple more months :D

Daniel

Hello,

I am seeing online theres an axis for sale and it has piezo. could I still swap the two humbuckers that are in there for a liquifire/gravity storm without it affecting piezo?

Hi there,
I don't usually comment on aftermarket modifications, but if you shoot me an email at [email protected] I can provide the wiring diagram. The preamp on that guitar is active, but the pickups are passive, so if you stay with Dimarzio four-conductor pickups they should wire up the same way. Keep in mind that the pickups in that guitar are mounted directly to the body of the guitar, so you may have to do some modification to get the new pickups to mount properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Top Bottom