• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nervous

When I get to rebuilding my '97 Axis Sport I am hoping to have it an exact duplicate of my 2016 Axis Super Sport, but minus the Tone pot. I found the pickups and now need to source the 5-way switch and 500k vol pot. The pot is easy as a EBMM branded 500k split shaft model P06381. Actually on their website.

But when I opened the 2016 ASS cavity today I was surprised by the complex 5-way that's in there and that is not at the EBMM site. Some research has left me confused tough.

Is it the Dimarzio EP1112, the Oak Grigsby 3200, the Fender 0992251000 Super Switch or something else? Perhaps they are all the same? Given the complexity (for me) I'd like to do this once...

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

beej

I'm not sure who actually makes it, but you can buy it direct from MM, so I'd probably start there (I've bought several from them, fwiw). It's a 4-pole 5-way, but beyond that what matters is that the lever is long enough to go through the body + cap (rather than just a pickguard).

nervous

Yeah, that would be the best route I think. Make a short list of other needs as well. Thanks.

Top Bottom