• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Andreas93

Hello
yesterday I got a new Majesty 6 Enchanted Forest and I was very happy.
I wanted to change strings and when I tried to turn the tuner of the B string so that the string would fit into the hole, the tuner fell off. Only with a lot of trying I could put it back and mount the string on it. Then while tuning the tuner slid down a bit and I hat to push it back up ( the part that is 90 degrees to the headstock). Always when Im tuning it slides down again. So did I unmount the Schaller tuner undeliberately or is it broken?
I mean it's a brand new Majesty. I paid 4000€, i'm slightly upset!

Thanks
All the best from Germany

Andreas93

I already called them. The guitar dude is currently not there. Will they be able to get a replacement tuner from EBMM? Is there anywhere an explanation of how these Schaller Tuners are crafted to the guitar?

johnnyboogie

You can get a replacement from Thomann anytime. You only have to fasten the screw on the back of the headstock and the hex-shaped screw on the front. To be honest, I haven't quite understood what the issue is. Can you post a picture?

Last edited:

Andreas93

The thing that goes through the headstock fell off. Not the thing you use to tune. This thing that is somehow packed to the locking screw. It all fell off when I took out the string and turned the tuning part to turn the tuner into position. I think maybe theres some mechanism I dont know. But I guess it shouldnt fall off. Here are pictures. I bought it at music store cologne.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3f81.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3f81.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 222

Fro

The post fell out? Is the hex nut still on it?

Andreas93

Yes the hex screw (or nut) ist still on it. Somehow I managed to put a string on the Tuner. But when I tune up the „Post“ slips down and i have to push it back up. Then also the pitch of the string goes up. Is there a way to tighten the „post“ so that it’s normal again?

Fro

The post shouldn’t just fall out. It sounds like it’s broken to me. I’d call your dealer and have them send a replacement tuner.

johnnyboogie

Does it come off the front side of the rear side of the headstock? Out of curiosity.

If it falls out the rear side it should be coming off with the rest of the tuner obviously.

Andreas93

It comes off out of the rear side but the tuner still keeps in place. It’s just the round post thing that you use to lock the string and the thing that’s in front where you put the string

I wrote a mail to Schaller. Their managing director replied. He wanted a picture. I guess he could replace it.

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

Got it. I just couldn't picture it.

I've installed these tuners on the 6 Ibanez guitars I have and the tuner consists of 2 parts in essence. The hex nut in the front and the rest of the tuner.

However, from what you said there's something wrong with it. Will Schaller replace it?

Andreas93

After being a bit disappointed I more and more fall in love with this guitar. Man that’s a sick workhorse. I’ve been playing dream Theater stuff for a long time but this guitar enables me to play faster and the sound of the Rainmaker is amazing for soloing. Also the cleans with the combined pickup thing are beautiful. So thankful for being able to afford such a guitar. I’m a lucky guitar guy

Johnny I will call my dealer on Monday. I live in Frankfurt and my dealer is from cologne. I guess they will get a tuner from Schaller or EB. Maybe they even got some there. I’ll be there on Friday for a Phil Collins (yeah that’s some different music��) concert so they can repair it on Friday. I hope there will be enough time for EB to send a replacement to my store till Friday.
Thanks for your help guys. I was so upset I thought about returning the guitar but I love it and I hope it won’t make any more problems...

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

Hehehe, it's a great instrument indeed!!

No worries about the tuner, it's just a peripheral item that can easily be replaced. Since the wood portion of the instrument is solid and intact all is good!! =D

Top Bottom