• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

vuduhwy

Hey, sorry if this has been covered already, but I have a chance to buy a Luke 2 (HSS). I don't know the year. What I am wondering is what the neck profile is like. Are the Luke's chunkier or thinner than the Luke 1 and L3? Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Very similar. Officially they are all identical, there has been no change in neck shape or dimensions.
Of course, numerous mulitple-Luke owners will swear that one modle is slightly larger, or slightly smaller, than another and we basically assume that it's due to the differences in hand finishing.

vuduhwy

I was kind of thinking it was like that. I have several Morse models and they all feel slightly different , so that makes sense.
Probably what I should be asking is if anyone here has a Morse and a Luke 2 and how they they the two neck shapes/sizes compare.

I'm just about to buy this Luke online, but I've never played one and everything about the specs lights me up. I would, however, be disappointed if the neck were thinner that the Morse as that is already pushing things in terms of comfort for my gorilla-like mits.

Very similar. Officially they are all identical, there has been no change in neck shape or dimensions.
Of course, numerous mulitple-Luke owners will swear that one modle is slightly larger, or slightly smaller, than another and we basically assume that it's due to the differences in hand finishing.

vexed73

Neck pocket is narrower on the luke. I feel the luke you either love it or dont like it. It is definitely a smaller neck but feels super fast. If you ever feel like the morse is a bit small the luke probably not what you want but you never know? I love it and really don't like playing anything else.

vuduhwy

Neck pocket is narrower on the luke. I feel the luke you either love it or dont like it. It is definitely a smaller neck but feels super fast. If you ever feel like the morse is a bit small the luke probably not what you want but you never know? I love it and really don't like playing anything else.

Thank you. I probably better just stick with the morse and learn to be satisfied.

ksandvik

I have a Morse Y2D and Luke II, both good, neckwise Luke more of a V-profile than Morse but both necks are nicely narrow. Anyway, as mentioned, best to try out. Actually Axis is even less V-profile than Morse but same narrow neck.

vuduhwy

I have a Morse Y2D and Luke II, both good, neckwise Luke more of a V-profile than Morse but both necks are nicely narrow. Anyway, as mentioned, best to try out. Actually Axis is even less V-profile than Morse but same narrow neck.

Thanks for the reply! I'm mostly curious about the thickness, front to back, between the 2. When you say narrow, do you mean the side to side width, as in the nut width?

Top Bottom