• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nickfox

This unshielded stray wire (the red arrow is pointing at it) is in the cavity of my super sport. It is attached to a lug. The lug has 2 other wires, one going straight into the body of the guitar and the other going to the volume pot.

thanks
n

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_215011.jpg
    IMG_20190628_215011.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 256

loocnmad

Ground wire. The end should go in one of the screw holes so it makes contact with the metal backplate.

nickfox

In which screw holes? And is the metal backplate the copper plate underneath the pots? and thanks.

n

Last edited:

loocnmad

The screw hole in the back of the body for the cavity cover. I'll take a pic of mine when I get home.

loocnmad

Here you go.

attachment.php

nervous

Mine is not necessarily in the hole, but just on the 'ledge' and held in place by the metal cover. Just to make contact. But, with no threaded insert, just the wood hole, that'd work too.

loocnmad

What are the copper-colored clips with capacitor and resistor attached? Are those stock in that guitar? (Thinking that's an Axis SS?) Thanks!

Removable treble bleed, definitely not stock. I was trying out a bunch of different values to find what I liked and it was easier to use the clips than soldering each one to the pot. Don't remember what values I eventually wound up with.

Top Bottom