• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mrmckinney

Hey crew, I’m a Music Man fanatic guitar player who’s wanting to pick up a bass. Need some advice on what to get. I considered a Silo 6 string for obvious reasons but want to hear what you all think. I am fine with used (actually prefer it). Don’t really have a price range in mind and find bang for buck and playability much more important that cost. Suggestions much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phatduckk

As for the suggestions. Depends on your budget. Personally I’d recommend a used Sterling (not the brand, the model). You can get one for less than $1k online and they’re amazing.

The reason I’d recommend a Sterling is due to your guitar background & the fact that you listed playability as a priority; the necks on those are super comfortable and won’t feel quite as big as a Stingray would.

tbonesullivan

The tapatalk issue is a character set mismatch. There are actually several different characters for the apostrophe, quotes, etc, especially ones that have "direction" to them. Often the directional ones cause issues.

mrmckinney

Thanks! I’ll try to get to a GC to try one out but I may just order one. I am guessing a single humbucker model would be fine?

mrmckinney

Out of curiosity, why the Bongo 6 (vs the 4)? Is that tuned B to C? I have noticed some Big AL basses out there for sale too... how are those?

five7

You could tune the bongo same as your guitar or B to C.

ksandvik

I don't think it's hard to transition from guitar to base so no need for a six-string bass, they are usually more heavy and the low-end requires good bass amp/cabs. Also, with a four-string bass it enforces you to stop doing the six-string guitar-noodling bass style and focus more on the low-end. Get a Stirling.

Top Bottom