• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

elmoreh13

I have bled Fender for most of my life and got my first EBMM as a gift from my brother. A brand new Valentine in Transbutter Milk. I know, my brother is pretty cool. ha. I played it a few times and for some reason I just didn't bond with it. Perhaps, I was wanting a tele too bad and wasn't giving my new EBMM a chance. I stuck with it and played it more and more and soon realized what a treasure I was playing.

For good measure I went to a local music store and played a bunch of teles and there wasn't one that I would have picked over my new Valentine. This guitar is just a thing of beauty and the way it has been built is a thing of beauty. It took me a while to get used to the neck too. I know that EBMM makes some of the best necks in the game, but years of playing C shapes and soft V's it took awhile to adjust. I really appreciate the differences between my guitars and going back and forth between the EBMM and one of my Strats is seamless.

The EBMM guitars are just like getting a custom shop instrument, but for half the price. I also love the fact that it comes from the Ball family and it truly feels like you are getting an instrument with some family love and vibe in it.

If you are thinking of selling your EBMM, think twice and maybe hold onto it. Their instruments are like nothing else. I'm already eyeing my next EBMM. I'm thinking a St. Vincent will fit in nicely. My blood now bleeds Fender and EBMM. :)

Keep on creating everyone. Hope everyone had a great fourth of July.

elmoreh13

Great story. Hopefully we can help transfuse all that Fender blood out of your system. :)

With each new EBMM I lose a little of that Fender Blood. ha. I'm definitely going to add some more EBMM's to the family before my time is done.

TripHazard

Amen. The St Vincent is a pretty special guitar - I find it incredibly comfortable to play. Albert Lee comfort territory

elmoreh13

Amen. The St Vincent is a pretty special guitar - I find it incredibly comfortable to play. Albert Lee comfort territory

Awesome! This is one of the first guitars I have been drawn too that is not a standard style body shape. I don't know what it is about it, but I would totally rock that guitar. I bet it plays and sounds like a dream. My told my wife I would buy her one, so maybe that's the in to get one sooner. She really digs the outline. I love the PU config. on it too.

An AL seems like a must to add to the arsenal. That guitar just looks like a fun guitar to play and I bet it plays amazing as well. I could be wrong, but I think I read that the guitarist from Incubus rocked an AL while he was going through some major hand issues. It really worked for him and was easy to play and super easy on his hand. Looks like it can cover a lot of sonic territory.

I'm digging keeping 11's on my Valentine. I already rock 10's on everything else. 11's really make you dig in and commit to whatever it is you are playing. The more I play it with 11's the more I dig it. The tone is just killer too.

Keep on rocking it my friend.

Etudica

I sold my Valentine... to buy a BFR JP15 Eminence :) I did dig the Valentine a lot and will eventually get another one. Highly recommended for sure.

PeterVV

I have a high end ish tele and a Valentine, hardly ever reach for the tele since I had the Valentine 3 years ago, lol.

LordRiffenstein

I'm kind of late to the EBMM game, I had played for 17 years before they were even on my radar, now I've spent the last 12 months or so selling stuff and converting my collection to almost all EBMM. Other guitars are great but there is something special with the EBMM stuff. It has a unique vibe in a marketplace full of copy cats.

PeterVV

I'm kind of late to the EBMM game, I had played for 17 years before they were even on my radar, now I've spent the last 12 months or so selling stuff and converting my collection to almost all EBMM. Other guitars are great but there is something special with the EBMM stuff. It has a unique vibe in a marketplace full of copy cats.

I hear you, I sold two Gibsons to fund my EBMM habit, much better guitars IMO.

LordRiffenstein

I hear you, I sold two Gibsons to fund my EBMM habit, much better guitars IMO.

Habit is a good way to describe it. I was a long time ESP guy and still think they make great guitars, EBMM just have a bit more. The necks are addictive, the QC is unreal and there is a cool quirkiness to the designs and feel that other brands don't have.

alf cockle

i travelled all over the world for a living,and would kill some time in music stores,trying out all kinds of guitars..guess what..EBMM always played the best,and for some reason,had a beautiful mojo,karma,,whatever it is,going,every time..great outfit,great guitars.

Top Bottom