• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

vexed73

Just wondering. I have a hankering to try a 60A, 58, 57, and maybe a 60. Wonder if one would balance better with the singles.

BrickGlass

I haven't tried one, but I think the bridge humbucker is the weakest part of that guitar. Not to say it isn't a good pickup because it is certainly decent enough. The two single coils are amazing and the bridge just isn't quite on par with them.

ksandvik

Now, the neck single coil EMG in HSS Luke 2 is *amazing*, never had problems with the bridge humbucker. I think it really depends what kind of music style you intend the guitar for, maybe the pickups are not suitable super-tight death metal....

NorM

I think kbaim (kBoom) put an EMG 89 in the bridge of on of his.
I seem to recall he liked it

vexed73

89 is nice a little different sounding then 85 but similar. Just sucks almost as much trouble wiring it in as going passive.

LordRiffenstein

The 57 is one of my favorite EMG offerings. It's less tight and compressed than the more traditional 85/81. I also think the 60 is pretty cool in the bridge. I wanted to like the 60A but found it a little underwhelming. Seemed to me to have noticeably less output and clarity than the 60. For me the 57 > 60 > 60A. I have no experience with the 58.

Top Bottom