• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rxtech

Can anyone give me some history about these pick ups? I know they’ve been referred to as sounding like a tele on steroids, but does anybody have any information about their origin? What was the reason that they were originally created? Was there an artist that requested them? Things like that.

xjbebop

Don't know but I assume they were EBMM's proprietary version of P90's.
I can vouch that they are some of the best sounding P90's that I've ever heard, and I have a bunch of various gittars with P90's...

John C

They were EBMM's proprietary version of P90s. I had an AL with 3 of them, and later had an Axis SuperSport with them (but the Axis SS was the "rosewood package" - solid rosewood neck and rosewood veneer on the top instead of the maple veneer).

I would describe them as underwound P90s - I later had a Collings 290 with underwound Lollar P90s and thought the sound was pretty similar to what I remembered the MM90s sounding like.

GWDavis28

The EBMM MM90's are my favorite pickups by far. I have them in my AL, and I had an Axis Sport with them, regret letting that go, but I'm hoping to score another one somewhere down the road.

I see that's what you have, what do you think of them? Haven't seen a NGD post from you, it doesn't exist with pictures and if you've got a story, those always make for interesting reading.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom