• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

appar111

Just took ownership of a somewhat beat up '94 Steve Morse EBMM (standard blueburst with stoptail), and I'm not gelling with the pickups, so I was thinking of swapping them out. I thought it might be easiest to just get a new pickguard and mount the new pickups and controls on it, and keep the stock one unmolested.

Where would I be able to get an official EBMM pickguard? Does EBMM sell them direct, or would I need to go with an aftermarket one from some place like Pickguardian, etc.?

appar111

Right now I'm thinking of the following:

bridge: Dimarzio FRED
single (next to bridge pickup): Dimarzio SDS-1
single (slanted): Dimarzio Fast Track 1
neck: Dimarzio PAF Pro

...and a 500K volume pot to replace the stock 250K. The goal being to have better volume balance between the singles and the humbuckers, because right now the singles, even raised up quite a bit, sound weak compared to the humbuckers (which are set fairly low).

Going for a brighter/clearer neck humbucker, a medium output bridge humbucker with great harmonics, a slanted single coil that does clean "Police-esque" sounds with chorus/flange, and a single next to the bridge humbucker that does rude/loud P90-esque single coil stuff (Black Keys type stuff with fuzz).

Last edited:

Daniel

Just took ownership of a somewhat beat up '94 Steve Morse EBMM (standard blueburst with stoptail), and I'm not gelling with the pickups, so I was thinking of swapping them out. I thought it might be easiest to just get a new pickguard and mount the new pickups and controls on it, and keep the stock one unmolested.

Where would I be able to get an official EBMM pickguard? Does EBMM sell them direct, or would I need to go with an aftermarket one from some place like Pickguardian, etc.?

Hi there, shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll help you out.

Top Bottom