• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bassti

Hey ho,

my name is Bastian, I am from germany, and new to the board. Today I bought an 2007 Stingray LE colored in blue dawn finish. I am wondering about the different color of the headstock. It also has a gold colored Logo. Does anybody have detailed informations about the variation of the color. My thoughts are, that the neck is from another bass, but what kind of color would this be? :confused:

72909BBE-EAAC-4116-A1AF-1796A08B2EA1.jpg

Thanks for your replies...

Bastian

tbonesullivan

That's the correct neck for that bass. You can see the 2007 inlay in the fretboard. It looks like someone for some reason sprayed amber/yellow lacquer over the headstock, which resulted in the white logo turning yellow, and the blue dawn turning kind of green.

danny-79

Thanks… thatˋs what the database puts out:

View attachment 35569

It’s quite a new system so some information is not always there. You could try sending customers service an email to get more information.
Your bass looks genuine to me but I have no explanation regarding the colour change on the headstock apart from maybe sun damage or it’s been tampered with some how by a previous owner? I’m just guessing.
Nice looking bass by the way. Enjoy it ! :D

Bassti

Nice looking bass by the way. Enjoy it ! :D
Thx!

It plays and sounds very well, so i will enjoy for sure.

Maybe someone has a 2007 catalogue (pdf?) where the available color options are visible? The gold logo seems to match with gold hardware, but i didnˋt find much info about the 2007 options.

danny-79

Thx!

It plays and sounds very well, so i will enjoy for sure.

Maybe someone has a 2007 catalogue (pdf?) where the available color options are visible? The gold logo seems to match with gold hardware, but i didnˋt find much info about the 2007 options.

I’m not sure of the full range but 2006 was black (Can’t rem the exact colour.
2005 was buttercream with burgundy writing (definitely sure about that one)
And 2007, blue dawn as you know.
2008. Brown with gold hardware
as far as any other years either side of 2005-8 ?
Hopefully someone else will have some more info for you regarding before and after models

Last edited:
Top Bottom