• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Smellybum

Well it might be about that time, I am looking for another guitar..... I have no idea why, or how I would use it but I am thinking about a double-neck silo, Just wondering if anyone has one, any road tests or knuckleheads got one?

GWDavis28

Pete's got one I think. Pretty funky looking.

Good luck, Smelly. Glenn |B)

Smellybum

Cheers Pete, I have a spinal injury and despite 20 hours a week in the gym I am scared to death to going backwards so weight is my primary question i guess and strain if you're playing the lower 6 string - It's an EBMM so quality, tone and general awesomeness issues never enter my head, the video is cool too :)

GWDavis28

What's his name from the Eagles plays a double neck EBMM for the song Hotel California. If its good enough for him...

Steuart Smith, he's an EBMM endorser. I wonder if his use of EBMM's in the Eagles is one of the reason that Joe Walsh has been playing them.

Glenn |B)

tbonesullivan

Wowzers!!! I didn’t even know there was a double neck in production, how :cool:
Willcutt had a few white ones listed for a while. Looks like the last one sold. They aren't super popular, except for Eagles and Led Zeppelin fans. Or maybe Cheap Trick fans, but I think his guitars had 5 necks.

danny-79

Willcutt had a few white ones listed for a while. Looks like the last one sold. They aren't super popular, except for Eagles and Led Zeppelin fans. Or maybe Cheap Trick fans, but I think his guitars had 5 necks.

5 necks ?!?!? We are into Spinal Tapp territory with that :p
But no, I honestly had no idea that EB did a twin neck. Apart from the SG (I think that might of been the original 6 & 12) I thought that was pretty much it but I have noticed recently a lot more twin necks about. The Ron Bummblefoot (6 and 6 fretless) and Paul Gilbert (6 and 3 strings? I suspect he’s taking the P).
I can remember Steve Vie with some double necks (Can’t remember configuration) and also some interesting shapes like a love heart with multiple necks sticking out of it. Back to Spinal Tap again !

Last edited:
Top Bottom