• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Lewis L

Big Al is my main bass these days but has a little problem that just got worse. I usually use the active/passive button but it doesn't stay down if you switch to passive and then try to go back to active. This started happening in the first 6 months of use, and was not usually a problem because I mostly use active mode. a couple of pushes. and maybe a slight twisting motion and it was fine. Now it is even harder to get to stay down but 20 or 30 clicks will result in proper function in active mode, so I leave it that way. Passive mode doesn't work, though, not without jiggling the button a little. Discovered the jiggle after a gig holding the button down during a show through 2 long songs. Has anyone else had this problem? What did it take to fix it?

Daniel

Big Al is my main bass these days but has a little problem that just got worse. I usually use the active/passive button but it doesn't stay down if you switch to passive and then try to go back to active. This started happening in the first 6 months of use, and was not usually a problem because I mostly use active mode. a couple of pushes. and maybe a slight twisting motion and it was fine. Now it is even harder to get to stay down but 20 or 30 clicks will result in proper function in active mode, so I leave it that way. Passive mode doesn't work, though, not without jiggling the button a little. Discovered the jiggle after a gig holding the button down during a show through 2 long songs. Has anyone else had this problem? What did it take to fix it?

Sometimes the switch can catch on the pickguard. Try removing the pickguard to see if it works better. If so, you can enlarge the hole in the pickguard. If it still doesn't work, then the switch might be dying and needs to be replaced. If you need parts, you can contact us at [email protected] and we'll help you out.

Lewis L

Big Al switch

Sometimes the switch can catch on the pickguard. Try removing the pickguard to see if it works better. If so, you can enlarge the hole in the pickguard. If it still doesn't work, then the switch might be dying and needs to be replaced. If you need parts, you can contact us at [email protected] and we'll help you out.

Today I actually saw your response. Could hear the switch rubbing against the plastic. Took off pick guard and switch was working as designed. After a little scraping the hole with a gas station giveaway paring knife from 1967 it works just fine.

Top Bottom