• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

click track

I have a quick general question, are the Sterling Silo guitar neck's the same dimensions as the EBMM Silo's?

What Sterling Silo Special should I look for in regards the various sub/sterling issues?

Thanks

spychocyco

I don't know about the Silo specifically, but I know the Sterling Axis and JP necks do not have the exact same profile as the EBMM versions. I would suspect that's the case across the line.

click track

Thanks !! That is what I generally needed to know, I played a used AL Sterling at guitar center and the neck was not for me compared to the EBMM AL

coolhandluc

I have both. The Sterling is asymmetrical and flatter radius. They feel like two totally different guitars. Not even close to my Silhouette Special. It would be fine for a beater in the office imo. But they sound like a $150 guitar. Not sure if the $500 Sterling Cutlass' sound or play better.

mcro2430

The sterling models have different necks. I actually got along better with the sterling neck in some cases more than the EBMM version (in terms of carve and radius, not so much finish work). It would be nice if they were closer in line. I was really surprised when I bought an EBMM Stingray and the neck was completely different, same with the Valentine I owned.

mcro2430

Some of the Sterling models are on the cheaper end of the spectrum, but I would say the valentine Sterling and JP models are solid guitars for the money.

Top Bottom