• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

elvisdog

I was playing a blues fest last Saturday, big outdoor stage, when a few minutes into the set I popped a string on my Tele, which has been my #1 stage guitar for a couple of years. Out came the Cutlass which I had brought for a backup. Played like a dream and afterward everybody in that band, everybody in the other band I was playing with that night, and every other guitar player in the house came up to me to say how great the MM sounded and to ask me about it. In the living room the pickups feel kind of bright and edgy and the treble bleed seems like a lot. On stage, all this translated into a ton of clarity. Ask me at the end of the summer but I feel like I may have a new #1.

click track

That is great !! Amazing as to what guitars sound perfect in the mix with the band but may sound so / so when trying to dial in sounds by myself pre band setting.... Thanks for the post and welcome to the EBMM Obsession / these guitars are amazing !!

LordRiffenstein

That is great !! Amazing as to what guitars sound perfect in the mix with the band but may sound so / so when trying to dial in sounds by myself pre band setting....

I can't calculate how many hours I've spent dialing in sounds by myself only to be unsatisfied, then the band fills out the rest of the sound and the tone is suddenly amazing.

Astrofreq

the Axis line was my main guitar for probably 2 decades. My #1 is now my Cutlass, hands down. I'm sure partly because my style has changed so much, but still . . . the Cutlass is just amazing.

Top Bottom