• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ZombiiBass

Hey everyone. So, I just received my EBMM Monarchy Majesty today. It’s super light weight and it it plays pretty well.

However, the strings on the lower frets tend to buzz if you don’t use a nice light touch. I did bring it to a tech and he put new strings on and did some slight adjustments. He raised the bridge a bit and tweaked the neck too. It’s a little better now, but still tends to buzz if you’re not a light handed player.

What he mentioned to me was that some guitars, especially ones with low action, tend to have fret buzz acoustically, but as long as it’s not heard through the amp it pretty much a non-issue.

Wondering what people’s experiences are with this guitar. I know it’s meant to be soloing beast and low action is good for my arthritic hands, but wondering if the buzzing is normal.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Reviresco

PeteDuBaldo

Hey bud, long time no see, and congrats on complimenting your 4strings with a 6! Some low action setups will buzz and if it doesn't come through the amp then it's generally OK. However, the setup is all about personal preference. You know that you're always welcome to bring it over here and I'll be happy to tweak it for you!

spychocyco

Generally speaking, if you want a really low action, you have to deal with a little buzz. I used to crank my strings down right on the frets and let it buzz away. As I've gotten older and don't play quite as obnoxiously loud anymore, it bothers me more, and I play a much higher action than I ever thought I would.

Oh, and the rule here is if there are no pics, it doesn't exist. :D

PeteDuBaldo

Generally speaking, if you want a really low action, you have to deal with a little buzz. I used to crank my strings down right on the frets and let it buzz away. As I've gotten older and don't play quite as obnoxiously loud anymore, it bothers me more, and I play a much higher action than I ever thought I would.

Oh, and the rule here is if there are no pics, it doesn't exist. :D

I just saw it in person! It exists, and now there is no more buzz :D

Top Bottom