• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

silverman

Obviously, given the format of conveyance, there will likely be an inherent bias towards EBMM products. That's ok. We're not exercising our skills with the Scientific Method here.

Still, I am interested to hear from those who own, or who have tried more than one premium "Strat". Between the Silver Sky, Fender Elite, Suhr, and the rest of their ilk, which 17 hundy and up S-type do you all estimate to be the most competent of the bunch?

Fro

I sold both an American Elite and an American Standard Fenders after buying my Cutlass FWIW.
The quality is there. My advice is to play a few and buy the one that grabs you. If your asking which one, of course I'm going with the Cutlass.

Astrofreq

I’ve had two Fenders and didn’t end up keeping either. The Fenders I had were from Japan and USA, so they were made well. Both were good guitars, just clearly were not in the same league as the Cutlass as far as stability. My Cutlass is just rock solid.

beej

I hate these threads ... they always end up being a pile-on of what manufacturers people like, with the obvious biases.

What is 'best' anyway? It's hard enough getting people to agree as to what they want from a strat, let alone what era of sounds they're looking for (Buddy Holly, Ritchie Blackmore, SRV, etc.).

Last edited:

threeminutesboy

I hate these threads ... they always end up being a pile-on of what manufacturers people like, with the obvious biases.

What is 'best' anyway? It's hard enough getting people to agree as to what they want from a strat, let alone what era of sounds they're looking for (Buddy Holly, Ritchie Blackmore, SRV, etc.).

Voice of wisdom :)

It’s all about getting a guitar you will be happy to play whatever the brand.

I love my axis sport SSS and my Albert Lee MM90 is not very far.

As said the most important is to get something that can please your ears and fingers (and eyes also if possible) the rest is al subjective

Fro

Music Man necks just seam so much easier to play. I guess they just fit my average size hands.
I still have a Tele and a CU22. They are both comfortable and fun to play, but I make far fewer mistakes with my clumsy mits when playing my MM’s.

At least try a Cutlass.

Top Bottom