• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I thought you'd all like to see my new Luke III HSS in Firemist Purple. I decided to sell my blueberry burst HH config as I have another HH already. I went for the HSS in the end. What a fantastic guitar love the neck on it. I don't know what it is but the HSS already plays better then my blueberry burst ever did strange really. It's definitely feels and plays as good has my Boysenberry HH does.

Trying to get used to the HSS pickup config as its wired light differently but this single coils sound awesome and really fat!

Anyway way enjoy guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpg
    IMG_0793.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 349

TripHazard

That looks magic mate! I love the aesthetic of the HSS on the Luke
I’ve yet to find one in a shop to play one.

Paulg2uk

That looks magic mate! I love the aesthetic of the HSS on the Luke
I’ve yet to find one in a shop to play one.

Thanks chaps, there aren't a lot around in the UK anyway. I had to get the guys at GAK to order one in for me, fortunately they had this one, a Hazel burst, boysenberry burst in both HSS and HH and a butter cream cream one in stock at strings and things.

Did you ever get your Cutlass Chris? Andy has left Sound Affects now by the way.

TripHazard

Thanks chaps, there aren't a lot around in the UK anyway. I had to get the guys at GAK to order one in for me, fortunately they had this one, a Hazel burst, boysenberry burst in both HSS and HH and a butter cream cream one in stock at strings and things.

Did you ever get your Cutlass Chris? Andy has left Sound Affects now by the way.

I did indeed mate - Andy sorted me out. I'm just wayyyyyyyyy behind on NGD threads. I've taken the pics. Just got to put them into Flickr so i can share them. I've also got a Hunter Hayes - had to get an old work colleague who is now in the US to buy it and ship it to me, but it was worth the effort!
Sad to see Andy leave Sound Affects.

GWDavis28

Wow congrats, that looks great, the Luke is just an awesome guitar!!!

Glenn |B)

Paulg2uk

I did indeed mate - Andy sorted me out. I'm just wayyyyyyyyy behind on NGD threads. I've taken the pics. Just got to put them into Flickr so i can share them. I've also got a Hunter Hayes - had to get an old work colleague who is now in the US to buy it and ship it to me, but it was worth the effort!
Sad to see Andy leave Sound Affects.

Post some pics Chris when you get a chance, I'd like to see your Cutlass in that silver finish and also the Hunter Hayes as well.Sounds like you were lucky to get that Hunter Hayes one. I've not seen any over here come thru yet. How does the Piezo sound that with the fixed tailpiece?

SilosRock

Congrats!!! That is a beauty... Omg....like a little school girl. That color against the roasted maple is freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm a sucker for purple guitfiddles...I think I know what is next on my list?!?!?!

LordRiffenstein

I LOVE the firemist purple. I wanted the HH LIII and had a JP6 on order in that color til I got impatient and bought the mystic dream instead. Purple guitars rule.

SilosRock

I'm back to drool... So, have you ventured out into the real world yet? You know, I'm sure you haven't been able to put her down haha

Vadauco

Hey dude, just a heads up: the backplate is screwed the wrong way. Those 6 holes should be at the other side, so you can change strings without removing the backplate.

And congrats on your new guitar, have fun.

Paulg2uk

Hey dude, just a heads up: the backplate is screwed the wrong way. Those 6 holes should be at the other side, so you can change strings without removing the backplate.

And congrats on your new guitar, have fun.

Lol I saw that, I've done a restring since that pic was taken so all back to normal now. Thanks for the heads up though.

Paulg2uk

I'm back to drool... So, have you ventured out into the real world yet? You know, I'm sure you haven't been able to put her down haha

Lol yes I've been out had to go to work unfortunately. You're right about that haven't been able to put it down fantastic guitar. I was put off a little by the HSS config at first especially the in between 2nd position, as it's different to the HH version. But I'm really liking it now.

Top Bottom