• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

J_Alexander

So I own alot of mm axis guitars. One I just ordered in march of this year. I store all my guitars in their cases upright when not in use. I havent played this one in a month and took it out tonight and the a string bottoms out at the 10th fret. the 10th and 11th fret are the same note. All the other strings are perfect and this string is to after the 10th fret. I have looked and looked and can't see any problems. I have emailed customer service and i am sure that ebmm will take of this as it's not even 5 months old. i have never seen anything like this and it frankly made my anxiety sky rocket. I love these guitars to much to have something like this happen. It has me lost for sure.

Astrofreq

My guess is that the guitar has adjusted a bit to whatever climate you live in. Give the truss rod a tweak and see if that helps. Just a thought.

J_Alexander

I thought about that but its only one fret over the entire fingerboard over all the strings. That's why it has me so lost. It's only one string at one fret. I am sure they will help me but i seriously freaked when it happened cause i pamper all my guitars.

beej

I wouldn't freak out about it, but guitars are made of wood ... anything can happen.

I would adjust the neck relief and see how things are. If it's a legitimate issue (neck issue, high fret, etc.), odds are it can easily be dealt with. Plus, if it's new, you're covered under warranty.

J_Alexander

I know i just kinda freaked lol. I dont wanna adjust the truss rod cause the setup and action is perfect. Thats whats so off. Its only one fret on one string. i know they will take care of it just had me so dumfounded. put it away for a few weeks and then this. I actually thought i forgot how to play black and blue until i realized the issue lmao.

Fro

Sounds like the 11th fret is high. Call customer service, they’ll take care of you.

Wahoonc

Where are you? Humidity can be a problem. I had to control the humidity in my guitar room because of a similar situation. When humidity is high, the neck swells and will start to flatten out and can push against the fret wire. If you live where humidity inside/outside of your home in the summer is high, would try drying the air and seeing if that solves the problem. Experienced a similar situation with an axis stored in its case for about six months after we moved to a new house.

spychocyco

No need for panic. Most likely a high fret. Minor issue and easily fixed. I had a couple on my semi-hollow when I got it -- $30 to my tech and a couple hours later, it was good to go.

LordRiffenstein

Yeah, I'd bet it's either in need of a truss rod adjustment or just a high fret. Maybe you could sort it yourself but if not it should be easily dealt with by a tech.

J_Alexander

Update. so i knew it wasnt setup related as i measured everything action wise and relief the day i got it. I got it exactly a week after it was built. My guitar room is lit dimly so last night was hard to see. when i got home from work just now i got it back out and started to look and it and sure enough. The a string is flat spotted right at the 10th fret. I knew it had to be something odd. There was no other explanation for the one fret on one string on the whole guitar. That was a relief for sure.

As for humidity my music room is a controlled constant 45 to 50 humidity level year round.

Daniel

Update. so i knew it wasnt setup related as i measured everything action wise and relief the day i got it. I got it exactly a week after it was built. My guitar room is lit dimly so last night was hard to see. when i got home from work just now i got it back out and started to look and it and sure enough. The a string is flat spotted right at the 10th fret. I knew it had to be something odd. There was no other explanation for the one fret on one string on the whole guitar. That was a relief for sure.

As for humidity my music room is a controlled constant 45 to 50 humidity level year round.

Hi J_Alexander, Many times if you are having these kind of issues, we recommend doing a string change. If you continue to have any issues with your new guitar feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] and I'll help you out.

Top Bottom