• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bassmandan_30

Hi everyone,

I was looking at the headstock on my Stingray and I only just noticed there’s some kind of lump/blob on the gloss finish - I can’t tell if it’s a glitch in the finish or if something (like glue) somehow got on it. Anyone able to help me out?

It doesn’t bother me that much either way but I was just wondering about it.

Photo 14-8-19, 10 41 15 am.jpg

Last edited:

danny-79

Stingray Classic I take it. Personally I can’t see it leaving the factory like that but it’s hard to tell from a photo if it’s a blob of lacquer or something after that’s landed on it. Either way it’s fixable to an extent

Samoht

Just a thought: watch the Stewmac video of Dan Erlewine fixing a small chip in a guitar finish...not for the chip part, but for after he applies some super glue to the chip and it creates a bubble, he uses a taped razor to shave down the bubble to be more even with the surrounding surface before the sanding/polishing final steps. If it were mine and I was bold enough to make the repair myself, I'd try this method. In your case, I would think you'd be able to make the repair basically imperceptible.

Here's the video;

Last edited:

Daniel

Hi everyone,

I was looking at the headstock on my Stingray and I only just noticed there’s some kind of lump/blob on the gloss finish - I can’t tell if it’s a glitch in the finish or if something (like glue) somehow got on it. Anyone able to help me out?

It doesn’t bother me that much either way but I was just wondering about it.

View attachment 35638

Hi there, This is not something that would typically leave the factory. If you can email me some more detailed photos and the guitars serial number to [email protected] we can look into this for you.

Top Bottom