• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Shetafok

Hi, I've saved enough money to change my actual gear.

The thing goes like this:

Should I buy ONLY an Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty (Monarchy, Artisan or just normal Majesty) or a Sterling by Music Man JP70 but this one would come with a Line 6 Helix Multieffects pedal.

The thing that makes me think about this is the fact that I've seen lots of electronic issues with those Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty described before (dead guitars, tuning issues, etc), and I haven't seen or heard very much trouble with the Sterling one, and besides, I could afford for a Multieffects pedal with the economic one.

I fear that I decide for the majesty and have those kind of troubles having spent $ 2800.

What is your advice?

P.D: I live in Costa Rica, so having Ernie Ball Music Man to fix any future issue on my guitar would be very difficult even on warranty.

Thanks for the help!

spychocyco

The JP70 is a solid choice on a budget. I own one and have no issues with it. It is not comparable to an EBMM, though, and JP70 to Majesty is not an apples-to-apples comparison. They're very different models.

Have you considered looking for a used JP7? That would be the EBMM equivalent of the JP70 and can usually be had for a good bit less than the Majesty. That might still leave you some money to play with.

I tend to think the issues with the Majesty are exaggerated just because, in general, the few people who have problems with a product are louder than the majority of people who are satisfied with it. (I say this as someone who went on a rampage this week in an attempt to get a manufacturer to fix a faulty camera. :D) But I don't own one yet so I can't share any personal experience, and if warranty work would be an issue, I definitely understand the concern.

Shetafok

Is because of the issues with the Majesty that I really want a JP7 used, at least. But for a foreigner from US like me, getting used JP7 at Miami is really hard and the ones I've seen like at Miami-guitars, they're like $ 3150 which exceeds my budget.
My intention is to go to Miami, pick the guitar and come back to my country.
I've never played a MM guitar but everyone says it's another experience (in a good way)
Can deny that I I'm just a few seconds to pre-order a Majesty but all those issues makes me think about it twice.

johnnyboogie

Get an AxeFX3!! =D

The Majesty's intricate electronics may give rise to some issues. However, this is the exception and not the rule. I doubt you'll have any issues.

Shetafok

The JP models come with this complex electronics?
And Johnnyboogie, you have owned a couple of Majesty's, right? Could you tell me your experience and how much time you had/have them?

johnnyboogie

The JP13, JP15 and JPXVI have the active boost system just like the Majesty. The rest of the JP models do not.

I have owned Majesties since they came out. I have never had any issues. Like I said in the previous post, I doubt you'll have any issues.

Top Bottom